Small Tear...

Spastic Monkey

Oh Yeah!
so I have a small tear in my achilles. This happened over a month ago and it's getting a little better but he wants me off it completely. So I am in a walking boot and have to be on cruches for another 2 weeks and then the boot for another week and then hopefully I will be walking without boot and crap....

What can I do exercise/lifting wise so I don't totally become a slug?? I'm doing crunches and push-ups off my knees...Anything else to get some cardio??

armywrx

Dedicated Meathead
Maybe one of those upper body bicycle machines that you see people who are paralyzed from the waist down use? I have NO clue where you would find one though because I never see them in the gym. I'd just really regulate my diet and do what I could do in my living room to keep the pressure/stress off of it but still get my heart rate up. You might be able to do pull ups and some things like that if you don't just drop your body off of the bar when you are done. Could lift arms/shoulders/chest pretty effective I suppose if you REALLY want to get into it.

Flash

<font color="#7AC5CD">Ice Queen</font>
so I have a small tear in my achilles. This happened over a month ago and it's getting a little better but he wants me off it completely. So I am in a walking boot and have to be on cruches for another 2 weeks and then the boot for another week and then hopefully I will be walking without boot and crap....

What can I do exercise/lifting wise so I don't totally become a slug?? I'm doing crunches and push-ups off my knees...Anything else to get some cardio??

I dated a guy who had to wear one of those boots ... I'll let you guess what his cardio workout was.