Smaller glove ballers.....

Spackler

...got that goin for me
For ballers that don't use bigger gloves.....would you glove more balls if you went to a big glove? but choose not to for exchange speed or other reasons.... or would you glove same or less balls if you went to a big glove?

Ive been enjoying the snag ability of my 13.5" and now breaking in a 14" for infield use....specially for our rough fields its just feels easier

I do get the comfort factor for you guys that were good baseball players as every summer we get a lights out college ball SS who plays with a tiny glove and misses near nothing....but he fields at a whole nother level then most.

Jomatty

Starting Player
I generally like bigger gloves. Every year there are a few that I barely get to and a few that I get a glove on but don't quite make a play on. The ones I snag at the end of the glove far outnumber the chance of a slow transfer costing me a double play or a bang bang play...12 inch softballs are big and bigger gloves (12.25 and up) are better suited for fielding them.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Most confident I've ever felt fielding (outside of pitching) was with my JD73's. Anything smaller than that and I start to kick a lot of stuff just from not being able to fully glove the ball. I like 12.5" because it gives you almost a bare handed feel. I can't field with a bigger glove because I lose the ball in it too. I tried using my old TJ multiple times and it was too deep and too tall. It was just flat out uncomfortable.

This thread is going to be full of ***ual puns and someone is going to capitalize on the opportunity to take a poke at them.

RalphG427

On the bench
When I first started playing softball I used my baseball gloves (12" basket web that I used for pitching for infield and a 12.5 for outfield). I then started using my 12.5 for everything and found that it made playing on the rough fields and picking scuds in the infield much easier. I Currently use a 1799 for outfield and will go between a 504, retail 1781 and even a 12.75 302 when I'm at third to give me more glove for these screaming line drives. My fielding percentage has gone way up from the beginning and I don't have any problems losing the ball in my glove. I would love to use an even bigger glove in the 13.5" range for the outfield but unfortunately there just aren't quality options out there.

Captain10

E skills playing D Ball
The only time I desire to have a larger glove is on those liners I have to leap for and they go off the tip. I game a PI 1781 which is stamped 12" but measures a little longer. Ive never missed one and said "crap, with a larger glove I get that". The quality and comfort of the 1781 far outweighs any desire to change things up.

If these bats keep getting hotter I might have to go bigger for safety purposes.

jesseb

E Ball Hero
I used a 1786 11.5 a2000 for a long time. Even tried a bunch of other 11.5s. My fiancee bought me a retail 1781 and i cant be happier. I get to far more balls and its much more comfortable now than the 1786. And its big enough that i can use it in the outfield when i go out there. My hands are a little slower bit i glove a lot more balls than i used to. I have since sold my 1786 and ordered a custom gloveworks 12 inch to split the difference and maybe make up for my slower hands