For Sale SMU Horween 13.5" Slowpitch Model?

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Who is down? Tan/Black version with an H-Web? Do we want tradition stitch and embroidery colors or should we go a different route? Let me know I have a request in now since we are the exclusive horween Rawlings dealer right now we can do small batch orders.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
A 13.5" all horween glove is gonna tip the scales at 29 to 30 oz. That's a bit much IMHO.

May be heresy, but Horween palm and lining with a mesh back would keep the weight down. Or see if they can split the horween down to 3.5 oz for the back of the fingers and thumb.

NYC

Swag on 100.
So nobody else can order horween rawlings besides SBF and BE? I guess no more RV23s for quite some time.

NYC

Swag on 100.
I'm not really sure how the thinning of the leather goes but one of my Horween gloves has noticeably thinner leather than my others (just going by the feel of it) and it doesn't feel secure catching hard liners, the fingers sort of bend back farther than my other gloves.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
would a wider web request be possible? i don't have specifics, just wondering how custom they're allowing you to go

GtownSteelFan

I would definitely be interested. I've enjoyed using Wilsons 13.5" A2000 softball pattern and would like to see how this Rawling glove would be at 13.5" too.

I'd maybe be even down for two, because knowing my brother, he'd be interested as well.

rawlsy32

I'm that guy
Interested once more details are sorted out. I don’t get on here much, someone tag me or message me.

NYC

Swag on 100.
Ha if it were up to me I wouldn't even shave the leather down to 5.5 oz. I'd take it just the way it is off the cow.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
You guys ask for big softball sized gloves then complain when they make you one and it is a few ounces heavier than a 12.75"?

I knew the weight would be an issue once I saw this. If you have a 24 oz., 13.5" floppy glove, you think Horween is the answer, but then you try it on and wonder how you can play with a 28 oz glove.

My 13" Glovesmith (a full 13") is 24 oz, but it is JT tan leather, not horween. My 11.75" all Horween Glovesmith is 25 oz. That Horween is awesome leather, but heavy. If the interior and finger stalls are Horween, and the backs of the fingers are thinned down, it will still make for a stiff glove, but will save 2 oz. A 26 oz 13.5" Horween glove would be awesome.

Still light compared to a 32 oz. 13" Easton I relaced a couple of years back! Guy's glove weighed more than his bat!

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I’m having a hard time understanding how a few ounces added to the glove adversely affects your ability to play softball.

For a lot of (most) guys, it won't matter at all. But others will be waaay bothered and return or sell it immediately. In the outfield, I wouldn't mind one bit, but at third base, yeah, I wouldn't like a glove that heavy, even if the issue is just psychosomatic.

defos

This discussion prompted me to weigh several of my gloves. My PROS27 Trap (12.75) is some sort of oil treated leather and weighs right on 28 oz. I use it at 3rd, and I'm 63. Yeah, it's heavy enough to notice, but the heftiness is nice on those hard liners. My PROS601 weighs about 27, which surprised me. Didn't think it was that close to the PROS27. The PRO701 HOH, also 12.75", I recently "restored" weighs 26 oz, and my PRO1005 HOH 12.5" weighs 24 oz.

renix01

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd be interested for sure. Weight doesn't bother me. Thick, quality leather in a large pattern is what I have been hoping for!

I also wouldn't mind if you mixed up the tags or embroidery from the other gloves.

I do like the hand sewn welt.

Last edited: