So Rawlings DOES make a 13" DCT! Just not HOH.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
So I have a Miken Koalition KO130FB in for a relace. Except for the web attachment (only 1 flying buttress lace), the perlicue area of the chassis is laced differently, and the back closure, it's a DCT. Same shape, same fit, same close.

I'd love to see SBF get a HOH version of one of these next time they do a small batch. The Miken version is great, but it has vinyl binding, bits of foam as part of the internals, padding that isn't HOH standards, and a Poron palm pad.

Just curious, anyone else think this would be a great offering.

KO130-FB_INSIDE.jpg

Junior_SD

Manager
Make it a open back without the adjustable strap. I'd be in either way.

Post some before and after pictures when it's apart and after the re-lace when completed :cool:

Last edited:

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Make it a open back without the adjustable strap. I'd be in either way.

Post some before and after pictures when it's apart and after the re-lace when completed :cool:

As adjustable straps go, I like this one -- good range and holds tight. But yeah, traditional open back would be good. Still, I'm just surprised Rawlings hasn't offered this one as an HOH softball mitt yet, even if just as a custom.

robmakingnoyz

ordered an open-box one of these and realized immediately that it would have to be completely re-laced and modified like you mentioned so i sent it back. a shame because it's a really great size, much bigger than 13 IMO, and yeah it would be awesome to have this made with the help of SBF with some good quality materials. maybe even with that double-H web like some of the Rawlings or like the newer Marucci's