So the league I have been in for 7 years just turned into a Single Wall Only league..

Living_Legend

Addicted to Softballfans
They did this cause we play on small fields and they wanted to stop the smashing.... bring the game in some. My question is: How can I tell if the bat the other teams are using is single wall and not multi/composite or something else? Do all single ways say it on the bat?

I just picked up these for us:

Worth Toxic Bamboo Wood
Demarini White Steel
Worth C405 Supercell Lighthouse
Anderson PyroTech

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
no joke :).... I don't joke about softball, don't care enough, havent been out of the lounge in a year. First real post here.

:)

If someone swings a composite, that should be easy to detect, since there won't be any kind of metallic sound.

In regards to a situation where someone might be swinging a multiwall metal, that might be tougher. Singlewalls usually ring like a bell, but there are exceptions (White Steel, NanoTek), whereas mutiwalls have more of a crack! sound.

You could always just print out the entire ASA approved list and check any bats you think might be suspect. I suggest printing out the list at work or something, since it's around 30 to 40 pages last time I checked. :D

Chimpy

Star Player
The umps should be inspecting the bats before hand. They do in my main coed league which is singlewall. You'll start recognizing the main single wall bats because most of the teams will have the same ones.

Living_Legend

Addicted to Softballfans
:)

If someone swings a composite, that should be easy to detect, since there won't be any kind of metallic sound.

In regards to a situation where someone might be swinging a multiwall metal, that might be tougher. Singlewalls usually ring like a bell, but there are exceptions (White Steel, NanoTek), whereas mutiwalls have more of a crack! sound.

You could always just print out the entire ASA approved list and check any bats you think might be suspect. I suggest printing out the list at work or something, since it's around 30 to 40 pages last time I checked. :D

i found the list: http://www.asasoftball.com/about/getManufacturerDetail.asp

i dont know how to print it out

The umps should be inspecting the bats before hand. They do in my main coed league which is singlewall. You'll start recognizing the main single wall bats because most of the teams will have the same ones.

They will but these guys know nothing.... this is a ghetto ass league

MFCEO

Star Player
That will be up to your umps and LD to inspect the bats, dont be that guy that goes about bitching about bats..

Living_Legend

Addicted to Softballfans
Not necessarily, especially since we're talking about a pretty old bat. :(

Well then....

That will be up to your umps and LD to inspect the bats, dont be that guy that goes about bitching about bats..

Im in a cheat league, the umps are friends with the players that have lived here forever in the ghetto.

why not make it an all-hammer league?

I'm all about just making it a Wood bat league.....

Living_Legend

Addicted to Softballfans
Probably time to switch leagues then

this is also the only one thats 7 guys and 3 girls.... i would have switched already but other leagues are 5 and 5. I dont want to lose my bitches they are what makes it fun so no Mens league for me. I can only get 3-4 frmales to show everyweek as well .... so yea...

tomdonohue1

Vandelay Industries
Check the asa bat list on softball.org if you have any questions on particular bats.

Singlewall will have a "Sw" in front of the bat, multi-wall a "Mw", and composite a "C".

Chimpy

Star Player
this is also the only one thats 7 guys and 3 girls.... i would have switched already but other leagues are 5 and 5. I dont want to lose my bitches they are what makes it fun so no Mens league for me. I can only get 3-4 frmales to show everyweek as well .... so yea...

Is that an engineering league? 7-3 is awesome for coed. F'ing girls are hard to get. My main coed team I've been through 11 for five spots. Four are out for the season, my back up girl is out for the season and I've got 2 girls who play part of the time and I still need one more girl to fill in when a girl can't make it out of the blue one night. With only needing 3, you can get by with 5 girls for the season. The engineering league in my league is 7-3 but it has to be your company.

bigpoppapump

Star Player
Not all alloys sound the same. I swing a prototype 98 (Rip-It) it's alloy but sounds like a composite. Beautiful technology actually. Highly recommend for a single-wall only league.