So, this is a crack....right?

nsb718

Masher of Ceremonies
2n9by15.jpg

2lt68zl.jpg

2h51w6a.jpg

tmanstan

The Veteran
Just some spiral webbing, you're good for another 100 swings or so I'd guess. It's the vertical cracks you gotta watch out for. I bet that thing is on fire!

tnbowhunter

Addicted to Softballfans
mine hasnt devel;oped any sprals but it spider webbed to hell and back.

how many cuts you got on this thing?

nsb718

Masher of Ceremonies
About 600. I let my friend borrow it for a ASA homerun derby and it came back looking like this. From what I read, the "cracks" I see are actually spiral webbing? Other threads describe spiral webbing to look like a paper towel roll? I guess that fits the bill.

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans
About 600. I let my friend borrow it for a ASA homerun derby and it came back looking like this. From what I read, the "cracks" I see are actually spiral webbing? Other threads describe spiral webbing to look like a paper towel roll? I guess that fits the bill.

was this HR Derby using really really hard balls? That should have been thought of before hand.

lawdizzle

The Veteran
I'd be asking your friend if he like the way the bat hit, because he just bought it. Whenever I have borrowed a bat in the past, I'm always fully prepared to replace it if something were to happen while it was in my hands. Just me though. By all means, your bat isn't broke...but if it wasn't like that before your buddy borrowed it...it's considerably more "broken in."

nsb718

Masher of Ceremonies
was this HR Derby using really really hard balls? That should have been thought of before hand.

That's a good question....one I don't have the answer to. He offered to purchase me a new one if anything happened to it during the derby...we did talk about that prior to him using it.

stix21

Farmer (I plant seeds)
Spiraling or crack...Either way i wouldn't be allowed to swing that bat in any leagues or sanctioned tourneys I play in. Some say that's "spiraling" I've seen guys call that "spiderwebbing" but its is the new "cracked", if easton honors a warranty on it, I'd consider that condition to be defective and not cosmetic. just my .02

tbipitch

Swinging Bunter
I wasn't aware that easton's have the spiral cracks. I thought that only mikens were doing that. Learn something knew everyday.