soft barrels and heat!

rexdp10

Manager
so i've been trying to swing my plague and GS, but with the heat the balls are so soft it doesn't feel like the balls are jumping off the bat...its unfortunate but i feel like i'm hitting my Freak + a ton better.

The plague and GS are spiderwebbed up, so I know they are nice and broken in and soft, and my freak + is also spiderwebbed.

I really want to swing a combat though...whats something that is gonna have that 13" barrel with the slight enload??? but still give me that not so pillow soft barrel feel?

BOOMHAUER

COMbatants#87
im having similar issues here in VA with the heat index over 100 and high humidity. i have a tourny this sat and the temp predicted is 101. the balls turn to mush before noon

bat monger

Combat Advisory staff
They are calling for 101 heat index here this saturday. What should I swing using 44/575 balls.......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

n8ss03

if youre hitting the classic m you're screwed. 40cor 50 comp ball by the time the heat gets to it.

sorry edit classic m not plus the plus flies better in the heat

Last edited:

BOOMHAUER

COMbatants#87
we hardly ever get to hit 500+s...unless it is a backyard...most stuff is SC ASA(utrip bats) or ISA so its 44/375 balls

that sux. we got ASA 44/375, SNA 44/525, and SSAA 47/525 here. last year in SSAA we were aloud to use senior bats. you get a good 70* night bombs were everywhere.

rexdp10

Manager
we usually to savannah,ga and play in the winter worlds, its SSAA...with those balls and as cold as it is the ball FLYs!!

bat monger

Combat Advisory staff
yea thats what i have seen on the news. whats in your bag?
GSR, GS, DS x2, DB, OGSBGV. That is what I carry with me.
Monger what tourny are you playin in?
SSAA on saturday. But our local fields let us use 575's if we can find them. We used to use them, then evil quit making them and changed them to 525's. The TD never changed the rule, so we still use them. I'm either swinging the GSR or the DB.

txbullets

The OG JayZ
we hardly ever get to hit 500+s...unless it is a backyard...most stuff is SC ASA(utrip bats) or ISA so its 44/375 balls

That is a lot better than the classic M and classic + we are hitting down here. I am using my BBGV and DB for those. Our average heat index all summer is well over 100. Today it is overcast and raining and the heat index was 101. I tried to hit my Plague yesterday in BP with garbage ASA (Demarini) balls that a league provides. I got nothing on it, felt like I was hitting a marshmallow:mad::mad:

BOOMHAUER

COMbatants#87
GSR, GS, DS x2, DB, OGSBGV. That is what I carry with me.

SSAA on saturday. But our local fields let us use 575's if we can find them. We used to use them, then evil quit making them and changed them to 525's. The TD never changed the rule, so we still use them. I'm either swinging the GSR or the DB.

early in the day you may be good with any but by 1030 or 11. the ones that are the least broke in and still a lil stiff would suit for the rest of the day.

my DB officially has one hit on her. im probably useing it tonight dues to how how its been today

bat monger

Combat Advisory staff
early in the day you may be good with any but by 1030 or 11. the ones that are the least broke in and still a lil stiff would suit for the rest of the day.

my DB officially has one hit on her. im probably useing it tonight dues to how how its been today
Mt DB has 1300 cuts on it. All of my bats are at game status. I'm waiting on a NIW wood to show up so I can start taking bp again.

im playing in the ASA/WSL in hanover this weekend

Hanover PA?

BOOMHAUER

COMbatants#87
IMG00159-20100722-1609.jpg

weather channel update for the weekend. the AVs wont like this. i may have to find a metal bat