Softball sucks

mustafa

The Great Fatbino
Anyone else ever get burnt out with softball? I haven't played one game or even took a round of bp this year. I also have no interest in doing so. Anyone had this happen? Did you get the urge to play again?

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
After tonight's games, I'm like that right now. But I'll still want to play tomorrow. No matter how bad softball treats you, you keep coming back like a trailer park wife.

TurboLumpy

Hum it in there
Had shoulder surgery 2 months ago, supposedly 10 more til I'm 100%. Dying to play, don't know what ya have til it's gone.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Had shoulder surgery 2 months ago, supposedly 10 more til I'm 100%. Dying to play, don't know what ya have til it's gone.

This helps. Tore my ACL ten year ago and was out for 8 months. It helps you appreciate the little things a lot. Like softball and walking up stairs without pain.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
You shouldn't have deleted your last thread. The advice was starting to get pretty good.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Damn, I got quoted in two sigs. What a crowd, what a crowd. I'll be here all week.

It's true though. Some nights you go home and you're like, "Man, **** this game." The next day you're texting your boys to see if they need somebody.

mcnary26

33rd degree Free Mason
I quit playing tournaments and just play league on a fun beer drinking team when I got burned out. Have never enjoyed softball more. Playing in tournaments and wasting every weekend is stupid.

Paulypal

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone else ever get burnt out with softball? I haven't played one game or even took a round of bp this year. I also have no interest in doing so. Anyone had this happen? Did you get the urge to play again?

Happens every year to me around this time. All of the summer seasons that start in April are coming to an end and you get a little burned out. In another week or so the playoffs start in the 3 leagues I play in and you get you get your 2nd wind.

After they are over I get about 2-3 weeks before the 2 fall leagues start.

Although I get burned out I dont miss any games because of it.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Happened last year & just went down to 1 night of league a week & an occasional tournament this year. Finally getting the itch to play a little more, just one more night though & it has to be a short drive.

AreJay

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm almost in burnout mode. I've ran a team for nearly 20 years and this year it was like pulling teeth just to get people there for doubleheaders for one night a week. I'm leaning towards putting the sticks up and just playing one or two tourneys a summer.

I'd rather just show up and play, but at this point it's more like "screw it, i'll go play golf."

pontiacfb78

Star Player
I can't say I've lost the will to play ever, but I did start feeling a bit burnt out a few weeks back. Had 3 teams going, and helping to run one. Makes it tougher to put up with the jerk offs who start arguments at the field. When I can just get to the field and play ball, I can't think of life without it.

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
It happens to me almost after every tournament... but about Wednesday of the following week im ready to start playing again

ddoubler

Addicted to Softballfans
The worst guy is the guy who tells you how much he doesn't want to be there while he is playing.... I hate those guys. If you don't want to be there then don't show up. If you do show up then don't tell everyone about all the stuff you'd rather be doing instead of softball

trox

Star Player
Yup get burned out late in the season . Have a team of 20 or more players and it is hard to round of 10 people each night. Why join the team if you can't make at least half the games... Even a quarter of the games would be nice lol.

It's not a team I run so I am not as annoyed as I could be. It's hard to squeeZe time in for ball in the summer. In between weddings, birthdays and all sorts of fun summer stuff. We only have so much warm weather here in Canada so it has to be used properly lol. I seem to be too busy and ball ends up being a chore rather than fun sometimes

mustafa

The Great Fatbino
I feel you man, what led to your burnout?

4 games a week and losing money to leave work to play a game. Pitching and all the heroes on my team complaining when I walk 3-4 people each game. Losing close games to undefeated teams because of ****ty players at the end of the line up. Culmination of many things I guess.

mustafa

The Great Fatbino
You shouldn't have deleted your last thread. The advice was starting to get pretty good.

I didn't delete anything. This is the first time I've been on since I posted the thread. Work sucks this time of year as well.

mustafa

The Great Fatbino
Oh yeah. I quit running teams after last summer's leagues. I had my fill of trying to get people to games when trying to run a business.

rush3969

Addicted to Softballfans
Broke my scaphoid last August finished the season early. Took a new job in March and kids baseball I've Prob only played 6 games total this year kinda sucks no time for it

I said last year I'm going to golf but that didn't happen, don't think I'll get burnt out I'll just never play again no time lol

Hiltz

Built for comfort
The worst guy is the guy who tells you how much he doesn't want to be there while he is playing.... I hate those guys. If you don't want to be there then don't show up. If you do show up then don't tell everyone about all the stuff you'd rather be doing instead of softball

^^ This is my entire men's league team. We have a winning record, just split a double-header with the #1 team, and it's still not fun.

My coed team (yes, I know) has some girls that are guaranteed outs and can't catch a cold, and every night we play it's like a party.

AreJay

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the dude who when he hits or fields poorly then doesn't want to be there. I've got the "I won't miss another game" guy who never shows up, and the "I'll sub but then says no guy" along with the "hey let's play ball this summer" but then coaches all summer long guy and he doesn't even have kids. (Kudos to him volunteering though), and a couple of "subs" which won't even respond to texts after saying earlier in the week, hey let me know.

There's not enough alcohol or money in the world to get me to run a team next year. I'm hanging up the managerial shoes and maybe even my sticks.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
very much get burnt out after the summer is over. for years the leagues i played in went forever it seemed and it was exhausting. only really played a few local tournaments here or there. it was all enough. have 3 kids, we are now on our 2nd fixer upper home so there are always projects to be done. cut back to 1 night a week the last 2 years and they changed this league to be done by middle of july.

No fall ball for me. i'm either in the woods or on the river in my spare time. by the time spring rolls around, i'm ready to go again.