Softball's for Next Summer?

RadCon10

Hibernating Up North
Don't worry, I'm not here to ask you guys what the best ASA ball is:rolleyes:. I'm going to stock up on softballs soon for next season and some of are games are in the middle of summer when it gets very humid. I've read on here that the 52/300 softballs are not affected by the humidity as much as the 44/375 softballs. I typcially use Evil HOT's and they do decent in the heat. I'm just not sure if it's worth buying two different types of ASA balls for next year. Does anybody have any personal experience comparing the two types of ASA balls in warmer weather? Is it worth buying the 52/300 for the humid days?

Last edited:

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't worry, I'm not here to ask you guys what the best ASA ball is:rolleyes:. I'm going to stock up on softballs soon for next season and some of are tournaments are in the middle of summer when it gets very humid. I've read on here that the 52/300 softballs are not affected by the humidity as much as the 44/375 softballs. I typcially use Evil HOT's and they do ok in the heat. I'm just not sure if it's worth buying two different types of ASA balls for next year. Does anybody have any personal experience comparing the two types of ASA balls in warmer weather?

Confused :confused:

You note that you have read on here that the 52/300 are not affected as much as the 44/375 by the heat and humidity and then you ask if anyone has experience comparing the two types of balls.

Are you insinuating that those who previously posted were just bull****ting and really had no idea of what they are speaking? How else would someone have that information shy of being the company that puts out the balls? BTW, they would probably tell you the same thing and without bias since all companies make both types.

RadCon10

Hibernating Up North
Confused :confused:

You note that you have read on here that the 52/300 are not affected as much as the 44/375 by the heat and humidity and then you ask if anyone has experience comparing the two types of balls.

Are you insinuating that those who previously posted were just bull****ting and really had no idea of what they are speaking? How else would someone have that information shy of being the company that puts out the balls? BTW, they would probably tell you the same thing and without bias since all companies make both types.

Wow, I guess I didn't word my question right if it made you so angry:rolleyes:. I guess I'm curious to know how big of difference was there in distance? Is it enough of a difference that it's worth buying seperate balls for just a few games? Sorry Irish, I just wanted to hear guys opinions on this since.

Last edited:

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow, I guess I didn't word my question right if it made you so angry:rolleyes:. I guess I'm curious to know how big of difference was there in distance? Is it enough of a difference that it's worth buying seperate balls for just a few games? Sorry Irish, I just wanted to hear guys opinions on this since.

And I thought they had already given that opinion which is why I said I was confused with the post.

Then again, any ball will travel as far as you can hit it and that is the way it should be.

RadCon10

Hibernating Up North
And I thought they had already given that opinion which is why I said I was confused with the post.

Then again, any ball will travel as far as you can hit it and that is the way it should be.

All I've read is that they don't get as mushy in the heat since they are a harder COR with less compression. I just wanted to know peoples personal opinions on how big of a difference it really is.

Last edited:

hedge

life takes guts
53 cor hold up better in the MN humidity. how is the fusion with mush balls? not going to search