Solo Z Dual Stamp

zr27

Addicted to Softballfans
The sound of the bat was definitely kinda crap at first. Has sound changed at all with more swings???

one side of the bat was hit the most - "louisville" side ... less of a ping sound and really started launching balls... cant wait to get more swings on it.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Just got mine 27 oz., and hit about 30 balls off a tee. Mix of .44/400 and .52/300. Very pingy sound, sounds like an aluminum bat. Bat swings smooth, has kind of a midload feel to it. Hit both ball types pretty well, hit a few over 300' off the tee. Will update after I get more hits on it.

Last edited:

howwedo16

Addicted to Softballfans
^^^Nice. I haven't got out to swing mine yet, just some soft toss. Definitely was not digging the sound at first, but I'm confident it will get better with use. I have a 26, it feels spot on, as far as swing weight. Haven't had a chance to get it on a scale, but feels pretty balanced to me. I'm not familiar with the test scores, since we don't really test them for league ball. Bonzer187, Is 375 on a tester good, or bad???

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
40 more tee hits, ball is coming off the bat pretty well. Still very pingy, but like the feel and results a lot so far.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Got about 100 swings with mine yesterday.

Swings very balanced for a 28 oz.

Teammate swung it next to his 26.5 sonic plus and he though the sonic plus felt heavier.

Was very pinky and underwhelming at first, from first swing to the end of the round performance increased by about 10%. Took about 10 swings afterwards with my dc41 and it was outdistancing the dual stamp by about another 15%.

Really interested to see how the solo performs after another 500 or so.:eek:

bonzer187

See Ya Ball
^^^Nice. I haven't got out to swing mine yet, just some soft toss. Definitely was not digging the sound at first, but I'm confident it will get better with use. I have a 26, it feels spot on, as far as swing weight. Haven't had a chance to get it on a scale, but feels pretty balanced to me. I'm not familiar with the test scores, since we don't really test them for league ball. Bonzer187, Is 375 on a tester good, or bad???

The higher the number the less hot your bat is. 375 tells me it's going to need a lot to break in. I believe 225 is failing.

single wally

Professional Amateur
I swung Bird25's and can vouch that it's a stiff mofo out of the wrapper. Hopefully these are like the Sonic + and turn to fire after hundreds of swings. Swings smooth/balanced for a 28oz, definitely not overbearing like some 28s can feel, coming from a guy who likes 27EL and 28 bal bats.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
I swung Bird25's and can vouch that it's a stiff mofo out of the wrapper. Hopefully these are like the Sonic + and turn to fire after hundreds of swings. Swings smooth/balanced for a 28oz, definitely not overbearing like some 28s can feel, coming from a guy who likes 27EL and 28 bal bats.
Wish they made an EL version of the Solo Z dual stamp, bat just swings too light for me. My utrip bat is a 27.5 Sonic, so switching to a balanced 27 makes me feel like I am swinging a toothpick.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
How many hits til Solo Z duals start to open up? Been working on my Sonic + for 2 weeks now, figure it was time to start on the Solo Z. Using .44/400 BP Rockets, wondering how many hits til it should be game ready?

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Mine is at 200 and it still feels stiff and noises, I'm figuring another 400 before I say yay or nay

single wally

Professional Amateur
Yep the Solo Z Dual seems like it will need about 400-500 hits with rocks before it will show some signs of life. Compare that to the Sonic +, which starts to open up after around 200 rock swings.

philphan89

Addicted to Softballfans
any other updates? was thinking of scooping one up for fall ball if its that durable. Either that or the usssa sonic but i have an easton that might be my fall ball gamer

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Put about 100 or more hits on mine, still doesnt feel like it has opened up much at all. My Sonic has much better exit speed, and distance seems a lot better.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone have any more updates? Been breaking in my Sonic, so havent had time to break in the Solo Z.

cky19k

Starting Player
My Dual Stamp just got here today, I do have a Utrip Solo Z as well...I probably have around 300 impacts on that one, the first 100 or so went NO WHERE, but with more impacts the sound has changed 2times and the balls are flying off of this thing, and and suspect it will only get better..Im guessing my dual stamp solo z will be the same way.. I know both of my dual stamp Super Z deff had to be broken in..and I havnt taken my apollo out of the wrapper yet.

I dont know that comparing a Dual Stamp Solo Z to a Utrip Sonic+ is a good comparison...the dual stamp (in theory) should have less exit speed to meet ASA rules.. Compare the Sonic+ and the Utrip Solo Z.. in my experience with both bats they feel the same, Solo Z dose not have as much end weight and IMO took less impacts to come alive than the sonic... (I believe the sonic barrel was a little thicker) not for sure on that though. I picked my Dual Stamp Solo up for 100 bucks..either way cant go wrong.

23hitman23

Addicted to Softballfans
Swang mine today for the first time. First two swings left the yard. Has only about 100 hits on it. Feels good so far, says its balanced but feels like a slight endload to me...but I could have been tired. Ball came off the bat well and super fast through the infield.

BennyD417

Baller
I dont know that comparing a Dual Stamp Solo Z to a Utrip Sonic+ is a good comparison...the dual stamp (in theory) should have less exit speed to meet ASA rules.. Compare the Sonic+ and the Utrip Solo Z.. in my experience with both bats they feel the same, Solo Z dose not have as much end weight and IMO took less impacts to come alive than the sonic... (I believe the sonic barrel was a little thicker) not for sure on that though. I picked my Dual Stamp Solo up for 100 bucks..either way cant go wrong.[/QUOTE]

I have been looking for a USED dually Solo Z for cheap, but cannot find one. 100 bucks is good! I have heard it gets very good! Are you guys swinging it against 52s yet?

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
I had mine up for sale, finally traded it. Was just way too balanced for me, after swinging a Sonic +. Sucks that they didnt make the Dual Solo Z in an EL version too.

BennyD417

Baller
I had mine up for sale, finally traded it. Was just way too balanced for me, after swinging a Sonic +. Sucks that they didnt make the Dual Solo Z in an EL version too.
That is how I feel about the balanced versions! I hated the Sonic, cuz it felt like a hammer. I wish there were balanced and end loaded versions for the Solo z this year. I really want to try this year's line too. I hear they are very good.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, i am starting to regret getting a 27.5 Sonic, entire barrel feels like swinging a log. 26.5 probably feels pretty similar too.

cky19k

Starting Player
I did finally hit my Dual Solo Z and Apollo Z4 yesterday.. I do like the feel of my Dual Solo (26oz) alot, I got mine used supposidly 100-150 impacts on it and the ball came off great, its not as forgiving of a bat which was to be expected but Im very pleased I found my self using it 60% of the time last night. The Apollo z4..is the stiffest 3piece LS Ive ever hit with, deff gonna need some impacts on it ball still came off of it very well..but you can tell theres more in it once it gets more impacts on it!

jakeski13

Eat Sleep Conquer Repeat
How many swings on it, mine is still pretty underwhelming with 250 swings. My Sunday swagger with 100 cuts is easily outdistancing it.
I believe he is talking about mine. I literally got it Saturday and have only put maybe 40-50 hits on it. Mixed balls. Its definitely stiff and sounds awful but the ball was jumping off the bat. Definitely not bad for a brand new bat. Hit plenty over 300 ft. I'll be excited to break this in. I'm going to hit it with harder balls as well as 52's. Also. Super balanced. I saw on a post how balanced they were so I went up an oz to a 27 and I'm glad I did cause it feels almost less than a 26.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
No rings in the Solo Z means it hits .44's better than a dual Super Z would, right? Asking because I have a Super Z that seems to have almost no pop at all so far, especially hitting .44's.