Something like the new Easton grip tape

Sryan42

Star Player
I like the new easton grips they come with, doesnt bother me at all. what would be the closest thing i could get to those? or do they sell those? is straight up friction tape the best match or is there something better?

bird25

34/30 Club #25
There is a gauze tennis grip tape that is close.

Wilson makes one and tournagrip too I think.:confused:

deKilla

Coach
We have that same tape grip up here almost identical and it comes in all colors. They sell it up here in the hockey sections. its called "Renfrew Stretch Wrap Hockey Tape" I have used it on my bats for a few years now.

hockeymonkey_2269_52133315
RSRT-BK-1.jpg

crdawg2521

PowerTek Performance Apparel & Lizard Skins Rep.
Lizard Skins

Lizard Skins....

Currently used by MLB players such as Prince Fielder, Bryce Harper, Buster Posey, David Wright, etc

baseballslider.jpg

Batwrap-Red_1_large.png

crdawg2521

love the lizard skins... theyre pricey though

Yes they are more expensive but worth it imo....
  • Nice color selection
  • More durable since they are made from polymer
  • Different thicknesses avail...3 come Sept and nobody else offers that
  • tacky...grip can be "revitalized" with isopropl alchohol
  • Stays tacky in wet weather
  • Don't need any pine tar or tacky spray
  • etc, etc, etc

crdawg2521

The three sizes are
  • 0.5 which is geared towards baseball & MLB since they like a thin grip

June2013058_zps72628b6f.jpg

bird25

34/30 Club #25
The .5s will be popular with softball players too since that's probably about the same width as tennis grip.

That's true, but the 1.1 is too powerful for the white bat to handle. What happens when you put the .5 on, the bat just breaks without swinging it.:confused::rolleyes:

single wally

Professional Amateur
^^^don't get offtopic with the unspeakable bat! Back on topic, as much as I like lizard skin, it is very different from the new Easton gauze grip, so I doubt it's what the OP is looking for.

tmanstan

The Veteran
I don't know what's up with that thread, but I ordered some of those a few weeks ago, and got mine within a week or so. I had no issues... Weird? :confused: haha

There were a few people that got screwed, including me. It sounded like a few guys received orders through the 20th of July or so, and then the dude dissapeared. Weird.

crdawg2521

Lizard Skins Rep

Great stuff with the Lizard Skins...hit me up if you are interested

Sryan42

Star Player
So does anyone know anything about where i could find a tape like the gause like grip that the new eastons have?