Sonic + first tournament

Mikesadd

Addicted to Softballfans
I played my first tournament in SC with the sonic i loved it. First few swings line drive then it had opened up with a home run shot. I loved the responses that i got. People had never seen or heard of the sonic + before i was like :wtf2:. i hope they come out with another in the future.

Last edited:

O-Prime

UH OH
I play my first tournament in SC loved it. First few swings line drive then it had opened up with a home run shot. I loved the responses that i got. People had never seen or heard of the sonic + before i was like :wtf2:. This will i hope they come out with another in the future.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

JRod21

Star Player
I played my first tournament in SC with the sonic i loved it. First few swings line drive then it had opened up with a home run shot. I loved the responses that i got. People had never seen or heard of the sonic + before i was like :wtf2:. i hope they come out with another in the future.

I'm about to purchase a sonic +, and you are right around here I dont know of anybody that has one. Most people around my area when they hear LS they just think about Z's lol. I have heard and read nothing but good things on these bats. How good the durability is, and I would much rather buy a bat thats not game ready out of the wrapper, I'd rather put the cuts on the bat to get it game ready.

Mikesadd

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm about to purchase a sonic +, and you are right around here I dont know of anybody that has one. Most people around my area when they hear LS they just think about Z's lol. I have heard and read nothing but good things on these bats. How good the durability is, and I would much rather buy a bat thats not game ready out of the wrapper, I'd rather put the cuts on the bat to get it game ready.

Definitely i dont see spending 299.99 on a z4 when i can take 159 and get the sonic thats just as good.

dbantz

Manager
Everything I have read is that they are very durable. Mine has a few hundred cage swings on it and looks brand new.

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
Are they durable im considering getting one before the price goes up...

Yes they are very durable.

Everything I have read is that they are very durable. Mine has a few hundred cage swings on it and looks brand new.

Mine has a couple of hundred and the webbing is only in the orange that I can tell. :confused:

I haven't heard anything about them going up

I'm with you. These aren't going up. They are $159 a few places and the new Z4 and the Z2500 coming out. These aren't going up.

Mikesadd

Addicted to Softballfans
Honestly I would take the sonic over the z. Only because everyone is always
So hung ho about the z's. Don't get me wrong they are good bats I prefer good price and durable
Than expensive and not so durable

ragals17

Addicted to Softballfans
Sonic has me curious. Really liked my red catty RI endload version. Little nervous about the things i have heard about the sonic's endload.

Mikesadd

Addicted to Softballfans
Sonic has me curious. Really liked my red catty RI endload version. Little nervous about the things i have heard about the sonic's endload.

What have people Said? I just put about i just put about close to 50 more swings absolutely killin the ball. Hitting 44/375, havent done 52/300 but i have heard they kill those also. Just have to swing one for yourself. Mine is just starting to open up. Its my new gamer.

ragals17

Addicted to Softballfans
Heard that it has a killer endload and swings like a sledge hammer. Guys who normally swing a 28 oz endload bat claim to be dropping down to use the 26.5 Sonic+

Mikesadd

Addicted to Softballfans
Heard that it has a killer endload and swings like a sledge hammer. Guys who normally swing a 28 oz endload bat claim to be dropping down to use the 26.5 Sonic+

I can see that I usually swing a 28 end load I got the 27.5.
I Like the heaviness I feel like I swing harder with the 27.5

Hiltz

Built for comfort

Don't be nervous, just drop down. I went from a 28el Catty to a 26.5 Sonic+ with no adjustment period. I loved my Catty, but the Sonic is the better bat. Similar feel but a bigger sweetspot, and it doesn't rattle your hands on mis-hits like the Catty did.

500+ swings on mine, a lot of them with Blue Dots to help break it in. The orange sections of the barrel are webbed (in the right light) and it still doesn't feel fully broken in, but the performance is up there with the more popular bats.

Mikesadd

Addicted to Softballfans
Like I said in previous post I would put this bat up against anything. I ran into a guy who was bragging about a combat derby boy...... I was like I'll put my sonic against that any day. Also who swings combat anymore?

ragals17

Addicted to Softballfans
I normally swing 26 LS endloads, so I guess I am nervous hearing how "heavy" these seem to be swinging.

JRod21

Star Player
I got my Sonic + Friday and took some bp sunday and it didnt take me long to realize im gonna like the bat. You can tell its stiff and is gonna take sometime to get broke in but I was well pleased with how it felt without any cuts on it. Im excited to put some swings on it and get it broke in.

KraigP26

Addicted to Softballfans
Like I said in previous post I would put this bat up against anything. I ran into a guy who was bragging about a combat derby boy...... I was like I'll put my sonic against that any day. Also who swings combat anymore?

Whoa whoa whoa, this is a sonic+ post....no need to go rippin on Combats:)

Hiltz

Built for comfort

Whoa whoa whoa, this is a sonic+ post....no need to go rippin on Combats:)

I have a utrip Greinert and it is head and shoulders above my 500 swing Sonic+. But I expect it to be in pieces before the Sonic even gets fully broken in.

Take your pick: hot out of the wrapper or durable. Never both.

fowlball75

Addicted to Softballfans
I just got my sonic + yesterday and this bat really suprised me with the pop but it's got to be one of the more end loaded bats I've swung in awhile. I normally swing 27 and I got the 26.5.