Price Check sonic + going for

Theseaduck

The Veteran
No pic
what's a minty 50 or so swing sonic plus going for these days?
OG grip, little to no field scratches
I'm a buyer not a sEller
Thanks

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lighter would probably be worth more in this bats case. If guess about 65, but could be off. The solo z isn't hard to find for around 80 though if they push back on that price.

Theseaduck

The Veteran
I want to try one and this particular bat i dont wnna spend three figures on........and I hear they are very good with some good amount of hitting on them... wish it was a 26 cause I also get the impression they ALL are sledgehammers......
thanks

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans
I absolutely love this bat. Been playing for 25 years and the sonic + is one of the most underrated bats I've ever known!!!

bronx90210

Addicted to Softballfans
I just sold my 27.5 for $70.00 i was very lucky. If you have a 26.5 that one is rare you can get a few more dollars for that one.

SandyWH

#Delicious
I absolutely love this bat. Been playing for 25 years and the sonic + is one of the most underrated bats I've ever known!!!
Takes some BP to get worked in, and it's almost a complete "throwback" swing to the single-wall days. But I love mine, hits the 44/400, 52/300, and even the 40/275 well.

Theseaduck

The Veteran
follow up to all the posters.....why sell?
because all the hits u gotta put on it?or the heavy endload that don't fit your swing?
Lsx calls it "instant gratification" but this dosent have that...also says he's kicking himself for selling his?
I'm sure there are better bats out there(hell I'm not giving up my orange ressy for it) but if the rumors are true sonics justify the rumors of bombs...

ShortYellowBus

Bp only bat. Cheap bats are cheap for a reason. For bp.

There’s a reason the used Freak 30 and Worth XXL resale market get huge asking prices. They’re terrific.

LS used bats are not. Sorry!

Not sorry. Just move on.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I don’t play USSSA regularly anymore.

This fits into my high performing tank category, but I’ve still got +1k hit Mizuno crazes in the lineup

Personally thinning out as I’m not playing until Sept, rehabbing my Achilles - walking but not running yet...

Last edited:

SandyWH

#Delicious
because all the hits u gotta put on it?or the heavy endload that don't fit your swing?
Lsx calls it "instant gratification" but this dosent have that...also says he's kicking himself for selling his?
I'm sure there are better bats out there(hell I'm not giving up my orange ressy for it) but if the rumors are true sonics justify the rumors of bombs...
Why sell?
A) buy low, sale high
B) few have the patience to put in the work to get this bat hitting pissles
C) Lots of guys have multiples, and realize 1 is enough, these bats are tanks
D) For a lot of guys the sledgehammer feel and no flex in the handle is a complete u-turn from the whippy .5 loads out now

Of course there are better bats out there. If the Sonic+ was the best bat on the market, they'd sell for $275 on the resale market. But if the bat fits your swing, and you're man enough to handle the EL on it, and you get one broken in, my guess, it be in the bag right beside the Ressy or F30 or whatever else the top bats in your bag are. Or at the very worst, you've paid $75 for a fun BP bat that won't bust.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had a ton of bats and was trying to get down to just one or two. If you hit harder balls, it will complete we anything after enough hits. Mine was pretty broken in, but it was just too much easier to poke base hits with a freak 30. I wish I'd kept it.

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Bp only bat. Cheap bats are cheap for a reason. For bp.

There’s a reason the used Freak 30 and Worth XXL resale market get huge asking prices. They’re terrific.

LS used bats are not. Sorry!

Not sorry. Just move on.

You've obviously never hit a broken in sonic.

ShortYellowBus

You've obviously never hit a broken in sonic.
I wouldn’t recommend or engage in any conversation without firsthand knowledge of a bat. I’ll gladly post pics of any bat I reference to on these threads, if I still have the bat. This one I don’t.

I bp my bats and I always go big with the hard balls to really appreciate their uniqueness.

What’s so unique about this Sonic? I bought a UTrip Mizuno Mamba around the same time and that bat was much better. Not even close.

These LS bats are ordinary and no matter how much praise they receive in this thread, they’re still $70-80 bats for a good reason.

The 2017 LS bat lines are being sold new by many retailers for just over $100 for the same reason. Drabness and disappointment.

Swinging a new Miken or Worth makes all these LS bats truly forgettable.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I wouldn’t recommend or engage in any conversation without firsthand knowledge of a bat. I’ll gladly post pics of any bat I reference to on these threads, if I still have the bat. This one I don’t.

I bp my bats and I always go big with the hard balls to really appreciate their uniqueness.

What’s so unique about this Sonic? I bought a UTrip Mizuno Mamba around the same time and that bat was much better. Not even close.

These LS bats are ordinary and no matter how much praise they receive in this thread, they’re still $70-80 bats for a good reason.

The 2017 LS bat lines are being sold new by many retailers for just over $100 for the same reason. Drabness and disappointment.

Swinging a new Miken or Worth makes all these LS bats truly forgettable.

I will agree to disagree. My Sonic plus is as good as any other utrip bat I have swung and my military Z is the hottest bat I have swung this year. On the flip side is that my buddy’s military is not as hot as mine and it took over 2k
Swings for the sonic to get where it is.

There is a bit of luck in getting a hot one since there is variance in hotness form bat to bat and if I didn’t enjoy or have the time for BP I would just get a fireflex, Demarini, Miken or Worth.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
I put about 2000 swings on my Sonic +, and it still didn't feel broken in. Finally had enough of taking 200-500 swings with it a week and sold it.