sorry to do another one but i need clarification

cooter

Addicted to Softballfans
ok so i searched and found tons of mixed answers on this. i have a niw mut 98 and jhmut98 and i want to know the last season i can use them before they are banned. ASA's website only shows me the illegal bat list with the asa stamp. i am looking for the complete list and when my muts will no longer be aloud. thanks.

johnnybravo6

The Edumacated One
From what I understand all ASA is doing is changing balls, not doing all the bat stuff like UTrip is doing in 2013. Correct me if I am wrong.

squeekykleen

Addicted to Softballfans
Google "ASA legal bat list". The top result should be the one you want. Click on it, scroll down a bit and select "go" next to bats, the next screen you can select "all" or a specific manufacturer.
image001.png

squeekykleen

Addicted to Softballfans
Should be. I think they pull them off this list when they get to the banned bat status but I'm not 100% sure. Its ASA's list so I think it would be pretty tough for anyone to argue with imo.

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
Should be. I think they pull them off this list when they get to the banned bat status but I'm not 100% sure. Its ASA's list so I think it would be pretty tough for anyone to argue with imo.

They would pull it off.

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand why this is so hard. By rule, it's incredibly simple. If 1) the bat has an ASA stamp and 2) it doesn't appear on the non-approved bats with stamps list then 3) it's good to use. There's the extenuating condition of bats being made prior to introduction of the 2000 stamp, but that's no applicable to a bat that obviously has a stamp.

But still, there's no need to look for a complete list. ASA stamp + not on non-approved w/ stamps list is all you need.

MWBradshaw

Starting Player
They would pull it off.

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand why this is so hard. By rule, it's incredibly simple. If 1) the bat has an ASA stamp and 2) it doesn't appear on the non-approved bats with stamps list then 3) it's good to use. There's the extenuating condition of bats being made prior to introduction of the 2000 stamp, but that's no applicable to a bat that obviously has a stamp.

But still, there's no need to look for a complete list. ASA stamp + not on non-approved w/ stamps list is all you need.

I think the confusion is coming from USSSA redoing their bat standards in the coming years. My bat is a USSSA bat that I was looking up, MV-3. I have heard that ASA is not redoing their bat standards and I hope that remains the case.

squeekykleen

Addicted to Softballfans
They would pull it off.

This is true. I am just really new to soft ball and was worried about spending some money on bats and realizing oh ****, I can't use that. So I looked up the list. Not that it really matters b/c our umps don't really check bats. Fall ball last year we had to piss and moan about an opposing team's bat that had about a 3" long crack in it that every one on the team used. That thing sounded like ish.

T

team_091

This is true. I am just really new to soft ball and was worried about spending some money on bats .

I don't think you realize the since you joined the board that you now have been infected with the "bat buying virus" and I wish you the best of luck...

KO_2

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't think you realize the since you joined the board that you now have been infected with the "bat buying virus" and I wish you the best of luck...

agreed i wasn't planning on buying anything this year and now i joined the board and it just feels like i have to find something to buy. I wish there was a cure for that "bat buying virus" but i don't see that coming any time soon. :D

jstrong

They love to hate me
Yeah, I believe you may of confused the bat banning with ASA. This will impact Utrip in 2013 but all approved ASA bats ( can be found on the ASA site ) will still be GTG. ASA may change ball compression as noted earlier but that still hasnt been set in stone.

cooter

Addicted to Softballfans
i have noticed a recent increase in people selling these bats on here. wanted to make sure i wasnt missing the boat and my stuff was gonna be worthless.

jhammerstix

Starting Player

I kicked the bug by fracturing my collarbone and separating my ac joint mountain biking . Although after paying all the doc bills I would have been better off buying a few RD's

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
i have noticed a recent increase in people selling these bats on here. wanted to make sure i wasnt missing the boat and my stuff was gonna be worthless.

Nah, it's just that the older stuff is shooting up in price and people are catching on that the new bats aren't much behind. If you're hitting 360' with an SCN3 you're gonna go 350' with an SRV4, so why not sell the SCN3 for $350 and pocket the change?