SP 125 or Rawlings 12.5 patterns?

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, I’m looking at a custom, however, even though we have not been impacted as of now, the possibility of a furlough/layoff looms, specially for my wife. So I cant really justify spending $300 right now on a glove I wont receive for another three months, I’m thinking about ordering towards the end of the year after things go back to normal.
Too many question marks with this pandemic economy right now. Usual turn around time for Rawlings customs is 4 weeks (so if the factory opens up in 2 months, you'll be getting your glove about the same time). No need to tie up money in that situation.

MaverickAH

Here's where I make your life difficult by giving you another option. :D

Easton Small Batch No. 21(12.5")
zHTePd1.jpg

d8zaYMW.jpg

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, I’m looking at a custom, however, even though we have not been impacted as of now, the possibility of a furlough/layoff looms, specially for my wife. So I cant really justify spending $300 right now on a glove I wont receive for another three months, I’m thinking about ordering towards the end of the year after things go back to normal.

I have a custom NP7 and a Horween 504 posted in the glove section of the marketplace if you're interested.

bartfrizzle

Highest recommendation for Wilson SP125. Perfect glove for me. I have normal sized hands but very skinny wrists. SP125 just fits my hand ... better ... than a Rawlings 302 and Rawlings 208. Hard to describe exactly how/why.

ibjr25

Addicted to Softballfans
You cannot go wrong with an SP125 or a 208. The 302 will fit a bit tighter, but that is partly because it is narrow. It is also more of a longer outfield glove while the SP125 and 208 are all more infield designs. All that being said, I have done web swaps for guys on both the SP125 and the 302 to a wider web. Wilson really should have added 0.5" to the width of the web on the SP125. The one I redid was really something once that extra width was added. The 208 has a similar issue, but the Rawlings H-web is a bit wider than the SP125 web so not as big of a deal.

Which web did you swap it to? A 1799 web ? I was thinking of doing that myself. It does seem like it would play better with that web.

Got my custom SP125 on saturday, love the shape and fit! have worked on it the past couple of days with the intention of gaming it this weekend. The hand stall is really tight, even by my tiny wrists standards, but I don’t mind, I rather it be tight than loose, and I’m sure it will stretch out a little bit with use. My only minor complaint is the spot where the wrist binding meets the pinky finger, it presses against my pinky knuckle when I close the glove, it’s really bothersome, I’m trying to beat up and stretch out that spot with the hope it will soften up.

I’m trying to post pictures from my phone but can’t figure it out, will try again tomm from a computer.

arther itis

payin' to get paid
Got my custom SP125 on saturday, love the shape and fit! have worked on it the past couple of days with the intention of gaming it this weekend. The hand stall is really tight, even by my tiny wrists standards, but I don’t mind, I rather it be tight than loose, and I’m sure it will stretch out a little bit with use. My only minor complaint is the spot where the wrist binding meets the pinky finger, it presses against my pinky knuckle when I close the glove, it’s really bothersome, I’m trying to beat up and stretch out that spot with the hope it will soften up.

I’m trying to post pictures from my phone but can’t figure it out, will try again tomm from a computer.

for help in posting pics from your phone look at post #2 in the thread link below:

http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/media-how-to-upload-images.1429206/

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i've had a few gloves that had "hot spots" like that where they just seem to rub weird. a mallet handle in the finger stall can help that and some hammering when necessary can also help out. just make sure you have something behind the leather.

There you go, I wrestled for a while on whether I wanted classic or flashy colors, but once I saw the Demarini GOTM, and then Miguel Rojas of the Marlins copying the design, I was sold. I pretty much just went with the same, just added my name in the thumb, and my kids' name in the pinky.