Sp13s2 ?

Softball.com:

midnite6

Addicted to Softballfans
Dont usually swing Easton but got a good deal from a friend on a NIW S2. He bought the bat 3 weeks ago but said it was too light for him, 26oz.. Anyway wanted to know how these performed and held up. Saw a few posts about paint flaking but not too much said on durability and performance. Thanks

jk22

Humpty Dumpty was Pushed.....
Teamate of mine just peeled his S1 on Friday. Outer layer is already chipped off in 1 inch sections. Performance looked good from the hits I saw.

TheBlack_Moses

Addicted to Softballfans
These bats are notorious for having paint flaking issues (s1/s2) but the performance is great since they are what many think to be repaints of the sy98=s2 and the st98=s1. All in all the durability with these bats vs the old balls suck these bats were made for the new asa standard of balls but i think will handle the old balls just fine in moderation.

tnacty

Director
I'm just short of 200 swings on both my S2 and B2. The S2 tested around 320 new and the B2 at 300. They're now 300 and 280 roughly respectively. I'm still swinging a 98 and have documented the numbers on that bat since new. The S2 doesn't really feel like the 98 did out of the wrapper but who knows where it will go. The 98 got into the 250 range roughly quickly and has now stayed there thru many many swings. Between the 98 and 100, the 98 was my hands down first choice. On the 13's, it's the B2 is and it's not even close. The S2 isn't singing to me yet. Neither of my new bats has any webbing and the issues you suggested. I only hit Baden Classic + and all I've got is bag and dirt scratches to this point.

SoftballDad52

Albino Rhino
Isn't B2 USSSA/NSA (not ASA) and S2 is ASA and USSSA.

I agree that the SY98 is a good bat. Almost as good as my SCX3. Better VS. the softer softballs. My brother loves his S2 and so does a teammate. They do have durability issues (not a team bat).

tnacty

Director
Isn't B2 USSSA/NSA (not ASA) and S2 is ASA and USSSA.

I agree that the SY98 is a good bat. Almost as good as my SCX3. Better VS. the softer softballs. My brother loves his S2 and so does a teammate. They do have durability issues (not a team bat).

Correct, the S2 is the ASA 98 replacement and the B2 is the USSSA 100 replacement.

kspec24

The last of the Chosen
The S2 is a legit bat. the barrel is softer than previous models right out of the wrapper but still could use some BP to open it up more. its a great bat for the 52/300 balls and durability will not be an issue against them. The durability against the harder balls is not as good. I like the S2 better so far than the S1. I only have about 50 cuts on both, all indoor and against the 52/300. I can not speak for distance however exit speed and the feel of the bat is fantastic.

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
I have 5 hits on mine. Unfortunately or fortunately it will stay that way for awhile. Too many other bats. But if even compares to the sy it will be awesome Easton 1 piece, balanced big barrels are great bats.

midnite6

Addicted to Softballfans
Appreciate all the feed back. I am taking her to the cages this saturday and if all holds true weather wise, to a field on sunday. Will add my 2 cents after some swings.