Spectre Backpack - showed promise...

chile

Bad Ape
i'm usually pretty picky and wait to see what others say about bags before I spring for one (you'd think bags wouldn't be all that big a deal to me...but they are) so when I saw demarini updated the spec ops, I was pretty happy with the pics. fast forward to getting mine and checking it out...not so much.

things I like:

1) slimmer profile compared to my boombah superpack...at least it looks that way (haven't measured it)
2) no dumb door like on the old model spec ops
3) no bat sleeve straps

things I do NOT like

1) the shoe compartment/access is just terribly thought out. if you put a pair of shoes in there, it eats up a good amount of bag space in the main compartment (since it's pretty much all one area)
2) no access to the main compartment through a smaller opening in the main "flap"
2) shelf is flimsy...and I mean terribly flimsy.
3) bat sleeves will hold your bats but not HOLD your bats (I guess this is where the old strap helped)

not sure how these fence hooks will hold up...I hope they're hemmed up good.

for solely carrying: 2 bats (which is what I take to games), my glove, turfs and a few other things (phone, keys, shades), it should do alright but I'm not sure you're gonna be hand jamming a whole bunch of stuff in there for a long day of games...

ignore the shelf...didn't have a ruler and just eyeballing it as I go but it's about 80% there.

full

full

full
full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

BTW300

Addicted to Softballfans
Is the bat compartment one big compartment that holds two bats or is it two separate compartments? In other words, are the bats touching each other or is there something separating them? thanks

chile

Bad Ape
Is the bat compartment one big compartment that holds two bats or is it two separate compartments? In other words, are the bats touching each other or is there something separating them? thanks

They are individually sleeved

chile

Bad Ape
Finished the bottom rack (debating about doing a full rack with shelf...bought enough to do it but I'm pretty ****ing lazy)

Also debating about doing away with the "shoe bag" completely

full

full

Last edited:

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Yeah it seems with these new bags still have to do the pvc insert for a shelf/ weight support, looks good, keep us updated, I use the boombah as well and the shoe space is where I put my glove and beer and put my turfs up top in a sling bag, what concerns me about this bag is just unzipping enough to get glove and use the shelf, the rest will unzip and all the stuff in bottom fall out, does the very bottom mesh zip go all the way through to the turf area as well, so open that and not the big flap

Last edited:

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Never mind I see the little flap opens just enough for the shoe bag, but the shoe bag area takes almost all the space just below the shelf area, which makes it stupid, you can’t teally put a glove on top of the shoes just under the shelf can you, also if you get rid of that bottom front cross bar, won’t it give you a little more room for the turfs, I did that for the boombah but it just ended up as the glove shelf

Last edited:

chile

Bad Ape
I think sewing some velcro loops inside the compartment to secure the rack would be good but more work than I care to do at the moment...

chile

Bad Ape
to add to my list of things I don't care for...does anyone really care to have the custom embroidery panel? I mean, I get it but...****...I know I might wanna identify my softball backpack with a really cool, embroidered panel but I feel like this coulda been made functional rather than decorative.

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
the tattoo on the arm makes the bag that much more bad ass. honestly if I could go back and do a new tattoo I would cover up these butterflies.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
Did you really NEED the shelf? Looks like that could have made your shoes fit a little better in the bottom compartment

Dallusglockin

BP All-Star
I have a batpack and like you, I am underwhelmed by the flimsy af shelf. Care to share your frame dimensions with the class? I thought about building one but haven’t had the time to do it.