Spiderz - Are You There, Ed?

bpm91

Addicted to Softballfans
Short version at the bottom for those of you that don't have time for that.

I ordered a pair of 2013 Spiderz LITE batting gloves directly from Spiderz website 3/20/13. I didn't receive any update regarding my order, so I emailed customer service.

Ed replied on 3/23/23, apologizing for the delay and explained that they were out of stock, and offered a free upgrade to the 2013 PRO model or refund. Ed would not have the forest green/white I wanted until beginning May, so I said I can wait, just ship it out as soon as you get it. 3/25/13, Ed replies he will have it backordered and shipped out.

4/29/13, I emailed Ed just to stay in the loop. 4/30/13, he replies, saying they expect shipment that Friday (5/3/13) and that mine should be in that batch. I didn't reply because I don't want to be a pest.

5/7/13, I email for a status update. No response.

5/10/13, I email asking if he will honor his offer or issue a refund. No response.

It is now 5/13/13 with no responses. I understand he could be busy, but I did receive assurance that mine would be the first one out since I waited so long. Funny thing is, I can see that he is online in my gchat window. Why no response?

I dig the WEB version I have and don't want to be disappointed by customer service, but what's the deal?

Short version:

Placed order with Spiderz in March, not available, offered free upgrade, confirmed for May delivery, no responses to a couple emails sent at the beginning of this month. Give more time?

bpm91

Addicted to Softballfans
Ed finally got back to me (and others on SBF) today and will be making things right shortly.

DFRESH26

Banned User
Ed,

Has been real busy he has been behind on my emails to trust me Ed will make sure that everything is taken care of!

bpm91

Addicted to Softballfans
To that point, I had a pair of webs to hold me over, but now they are MIA. The need is now urgent.

jaj23

Eye Baller
I haven't heard anything on mine yet either... I've emailed them twice with no response.

jaj23

Eye Baller
Just emailed again and got a quick response. He said he went through the batting gloves on Friday and sent replacements.

bpm91

Addicted to Softballfans
Gloves have been shipped! Ed is really standing by the product, apologized for the delay, and is making everything right. Can't wait!

bomboi

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey guys - Spiderz is still a new company and growing very fast...just be patient and ed/wayne will come through. ed did show me some new prototype webz the other night and they look/feel better than ever - stay tuned!

TurboLumpy

Hum it in there
I had had an issue with the velcro not staying fastened on my Spiderz Pro's. Contacted the company and they were very honest saying they had an issue with a small batch of velcro. They asked me to send the pair in for inspection and sent me a brand new pair of Pro's plus a braided necklace. Can't say enough good about this company. Will continue to use their products and spread the word.

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey guys - Spiderz is still a new company and growing very fast...just be patient and ed/wayne will come through. ed did show me some new prototype webz the other night and they look/feel better than ever - stay tuned!

This right here! Ed/Wayne are straight up great guys and straight shooters....I know for a fact they are swamped and very very busy! Yes, B.O. always suck believe me i know ive worked in purchasing for five years. Next time try contacting a player rep or the SBF store as well......Great product, dont give it a bad name!

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
I have had great experiences w/ Ed. On the weekend, from Italy! Ordered right from my Black Berry. No issues @ all. Keep these guys in the front of your mind as their products & service do speak for themselves. Give them a chance as they grow.

samman16

Star Player
i have order 5 pairs of gloves and two hats over 2 years and haven't had a problem. it just easier to go through a rep. IMO

Cochino

El Rey de for play
I placed a order through facebook with someone for two pair of Endite gloves. Supposedly they shipped on the 5th of July, 1st class mail but I haven't seen anything yet. Going on week 3 waiting. Plus a new pair I just opened up, used for one game and one BP session, they tore on the palm SMH

Cochino

El Rey de for play
Sumbishes are practically new!! Had to go back to my 3 yr old Vinci bones
picture.php

picture.php

TurboLumpy

Hum it in there
Email them through the stie or PM Wekah on here. They will take care of you, seems like they had QC issues with a very small run.

cobraklr96

Swings the best- STADIUMS
Two games and a few bp sessions my Velcro is shot. Not sure what's going on but i went back to my cutters. Wish they had the same quality as the old mvps.

MTGGUY33

SPIDERZ Batting Gloves
Two games and a few bp sessions my Velcro is shot. Not sure what's going on but i went back to my cutters. Wish they had the same quality as the old mvps.

The original MVP's were indeed TANKS! We are trying to get back to the same concept of the MVPs, but with a better feel with our new ENDITE model. We had a great launch (currently sold out in most adult sizes) with these, and made a few more adjustments moving into our next production batch which we should have in late next week!

As to this thread as whole.....sorry fellas, I dont get on this board much. If there are any problems that we havnt taken care of, PM me on here or shoot me an email direct at [email protected] and I will try to get in touch with you in regards to what we can or cannot do.

Unfortunately we cannot honor every warranty request as we know batting gloves will not last forever and a few like to take advantage of warrantys. However, shoot me a message and lets see whats up.

We are very appreciative to all that have been a part of our success over the last 3 years. Without any question, this board was a big piece of getting us off the ground! Wayne and I cant thank you enough.

Spiderz has fought through many growing pains and we're sure there will be more to come. Thanks for the support and sticking with us!

Ed Alf
Spiderz

MTGGUY33

SPIDERZ Batting Gloves
Shoot me an email [email protected] letting me know what market (baseball, slow pitch, fast pitch, all the above etc) you plan on selling to, what geo location, and what methods you plan on using to move the product.

Thanks

touch415

YoU Ain't ReAdY
gloves only lasted 1 tourney use they ripped up super fast sent them back to ED for replacement took over 2weeks and same problem happen to the replacement gloves didnt make it 2 games and now i'm waiting on my refund and its been almost 1 week, customer service svcks, and laggs... never buying from this company again, wasted money back and forth on shipping,ngtg, if i post pics of all the rip of gloves its no joke....

jstrong

They love to hate me
I ordered gloves earlier this week and he emailed me the next day saying that the site wasnt up to date and the pair i wanted was on back order. he offered alternatives such as upgrades as some of you mentioned but said the pair i wanted would be in next week and he'd send out. hopefully, i dont experience some of the challenges some of you guys appear to be.

grubd

Banned User
I have a pair of all white spiderz I got off scabnews and love them. Use them for BP and for sure when it gets colder. Still game my eastons for the feel of being thin but tough may change as I get use to the thickness.

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
Is there any way to apply a coupon code to the custom gloves? After you complete your design, it goes to a Paypal checkout and the code that works on the regular site doesn't work there.

kjl4sports

Addicted to Softballfans
I ordered a pair through SBF store and I really like the feel. However, mine ripped in 2 spots after a week during bp. I emailed the company about it and they said to send pics. Sent the pics but never heard from again. The quality isn't all that great. Won't order from them again. Have heard from too many other players in my area with the same problem.

TurboLumpy

Hum it in there
Really must be a bad batch, my last pair lasted almost 3 years. My current pair is on their second season and should last a long time.

HrBump13

Addicted to Softballfans
My White Out Pro batting gloves have been great so far. Lots of BP & a couple of league games w/ a tourney on them as well. I can't imagne that they will wear out anytime soon.