Spikes

Podo

"JewDoe"
Looking for a new pair of cleats not turfs. My question is what are some that hold up for a minimum of a year with 4 nights a week and a tourney or two a month for 6-7 months out of the year. I've been buyin the boombah flash molded cleats lately, but break down quick and become very uncomfortable fast. Looking for low tops please, any info would be great. I'm looking at the mizuno 9 spike blast low 3 right now, but open to anything proven. Thanks

Podo

"JewDoe"
I've been wearing the Nike Shox cleats for the last 3 seasons

Comfy? Do u feel the cleats at all? Like on the bottom of your feet? That's my problem with the boombahs after a few hours on um it seems like I can feel each and every cleat.

Exparrot

I had some Mizuno 9-Spike Franchise mids, but the cleat pattern wasn't aggressive enough for some of the wet fields I play on.

I've had some Nike Air Conversion 3/4 for about a decade now, and all it costs to get "new" cleats is about $8 for a new pack of plastic spikes.

And on the outside chance you find a place you can use metals at, they screw in in about 15 minutes.

Drew34

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd probably stay away from UA. Never had a pair last more than a year with less play than you.

Snakes914

Addicted to Softballfans
Nike football cleats...ive been wearing nike air zoom super bads and they only get better as they break in

kg2421

Coach
9 spikes lasted me a solid year... 2 double header nights a week and 6-7 tourneys.

They feel good playing but tread wore down and mesh split by pinky toe

You play in Woodbury at all?

Podo

"JewDoe"
9 spikes lasted me a solid year... 2 double header nights a week and 6-7 tourneys.

No Woodbury for me, but oakdale, maplewood, Hudson, and west St. Paul.

Podo

"JewDoe"

How do they fit size wise? I've never tried um on, but I wear 11's usually so order 11's u think?

Dirt27

Cage Bomb Hero
I find Mizuno's hold up better then Nike's. Had a pair of 9-spikes last 3years playing 4-5nights/week. Just replaced them with Nike Vapors for christmas, doubt they will make it until this Dec. 25th.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
Podo try Tanel's Rev-D , I use the low version and they arent cheap but they are the real deal. Have excellent traction and are comfortable and have lasted. The other thing is they make you feel sure footed not wobbly like New Balance or others I tried.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
I recommend either New Balance 823's (which is last year's model, which can be had for cheap if you shop around), or New Balance MB2000's, their current shoe. I had to go half a size up, something you might want to consider if you buy them.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm a big fan of the 9 Spike Blasts. I've got a pair of the 1's that are still holding up after three years of playing two nights a week and a couple tournaments a year. I got a pair of the 3's last year, I like them but they aren't as comfortable as the 1's. I used these for playing two nights a week and umping between two and four nights a week. I figure I put on between 15 and 25 miles a week on them with no noticeable wearing down of the nubs or cleats.

ryan89

Addicted to Softballfans
I have had great luck with new balance. Had the same pair for 2 seasons now.. i have a wide foot and they were the only place i found with a wide enough cleat. Had to wear them again last year cause i couldn't find another pair wide enough. I played 4-5 nights a week for 5 months and played roughly 12-15 tournaments a year..

Podo

"JewDoe"
Thanks guys still open to all feedback, but gonna start goggling these models and take a look

17HnH

Old Made New Glove Relacing Owner

kg2421

Coach
How do they fit size wise? I've never tried um on, but I wear 11's usually so order 11's u think?

Yes... True to size. I have wide feet and they felt fine but as I mentioned the pinky toes blew out late in the year. Enough tread for another half year or so. I also live in Woodbury and play at bielenburg twice a week.

I hope these turn out. Just loaded the photobucket app on my phone

70364F18-0228-4E7B-B518-60F205EDE943-2733-0000026030CCF04B.jpg

12B04A9D-A4CB-4533-98E4-34BB564A267C-2733-000002602556CF01.jpg

kg2421

Coach
They did wear out... But again I have flat feet so that could have factored in on the blowouts. I did buy another pair because they felt great and were $30 shipped.

Podo

"JewDoe"
They did wear out... But again I have flat feet so that could have factored in on the blowouts. I did buy another pair because they felt great and were $30 shipped.

From where? I've been looking all morning and didn't find um anywhere close to that.

23kmaster

The Veteran
Comfy? Do u feel the cleats at all? Like on the bottom of your feet? That's my problem with the boombahs after a few hours on um it seems like I can feel each and every cleat.

I find them very comfy the only time I felt them like you have with your boombahs was when I was at my national play 3 or 4 games a day for a week and only the last day did they feel like that