Spiraling/Webbing Help

MikeDwins

Starting Player
I don't have much experience with spiraling/webbing. Just wondering if you guys could give me an educated guess on how much life this bat has left? Is it time to start looking for another bat? This spiraling goes all the way around the entire barrel. Thanks in advance.

mzxUGe.jpg

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Shoo wee. I bet that baby is fire. If you're hitting hard balls I'd say you'll be lucky to get 100-150 more out of it. If hitting 52's I bet it'll last a while.

MikeDwins

Starting Player
Shoo wee. I bet that baby is fire. If you're hitting hard balls I'd say you'll be lucky to get 100-150 more out of it. If hitting 52's I bet it'll last a while.

It's pretty stupid right now... Luckily, we do hit 52's in our league.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
It's pretty stupid right now... Luckily, we do hit 52's in our league.
I'd say swing away then.
Yes, as it's ump discretion to toss out, I'd start looking for another.

Unfortunately this is the kicker of a spiraled bat. It's not technically cracked, but umpires will treat it as if it is. This is why I try to be cautious breaking in my ASA only stuff.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
Yes, as it's ump discretion to toss out, I'd start looking for another.

So far.....At least it's been my experience, that umpires generally let it go until they start to see patches of outer composite sticking up....But, that's not all that far off with this bat.

BigDawgz

Extra Hitter
LOL you should see my L6.0 Easton, spirals, webbing, and surface cracks like a mother lol. luckily the umps in the ASA league night parks really don't care about the bats unless they aren't ASA approved. I'm hoping it will last me but I'll take some pics of it tonight

MikeDwins

Starting Player
LOL you should see my L6.0 Easton, spirals, webbing, and surface cracks like a mother lol. luckily the umps in the ASA league night parks really don't care about the bats unless they aren't ASA approved. I'm hoping it will last me but I'll take some pics of it tonight

Same here, our league umps dont really care... as long as the other team doesn't complain and it's an ASA bat...