Srv3 vs. Srv6

eshizzles

Addicted to Softballfans
the 3 and the 6?
just kidding... never hit the 3 but just picked up the 6.
it has a good end load to it.

SigAlphAblott

Addicted to Softballfans
I think the srv6 has a little more of an endload to it than the 3, but I don't remember 100%. I didn't have the two next to one another at the time.

mustafa

The Great Fatbino
Anybody swing both? same performance? looking to pick up a srv6 to replace the srv3 that broke. 30 ounce srv3's seem to be hard to come by.

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
I have owned several of both. The difference is the outer shell that all manufacturers have to use for ASA. I believe Miken calls it a durashell? It is what causes the bat to have the spiral cracks. The SRV3 does not have that. When a SRV3 cracks it will most likely shark tooth but die slowly. The SRV6 has the spiral cracking....which I can only assume is from the new design that seems required for ASA, at least to me. Before this year, I had never heard of nor seen the spiral cracks but they were everywhere on this years ASA bats regardless of the manufacturer. So, while I can not tell you with 100% certainty what the exact differences are, I can say with 100% CERTAINTY that they are NOT the same bat with different paint jobs. They are both good bats, but the SRV6 needs much more BP and mine didn't get good until the outer shell finally spiral cracked. Now it's pretty good lol. Also while the SRV3 does make a slight vibration sound if dropped right, the SRV6 is much more pronounced. Hope this helps, and this is all speculation based on recent and past expierences.

LuckyMatthews

That blows. I'm going to wait and try to find a srv3.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the SRV3 is a better bat. IJS, they are different and the SRV6 takes more hits out of the wrapper to be at it's full potential. Both bats are very comparable in distance and pop. The SRV3 sounds much better when it hits the ball.

danhawks

Addicted to Softballfans
mustafa - you should be able to find 30 oz SRV3s all over the place for pretty cheap. The lighter weights are hard to find. Post in the buying section of the board and a bat will find you. Otherwise you can check on the Bay. If that fails, I have a used one I might sell.

Anybody swing both? same performance? looking to pick up a srv6 to replace the srv3 that broke. 30 ounce srv3's seem to be hard to come by.

Got a 30oz srv3 for sale.. NIW with reciept and warranty. :D
Also have 26/27 oz srv6 niw w/ warranty and reciepts
lmk if interested in any

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the SRV3 is a better bat. IJS, they are different and the SRV6 takes more hits out of the wrapper to be at it's full potential. Both bats are very comparable in distance and pop. The SRV3 sounds much better when it hits the ball.

Just picked up a 26 and 27 oz srv6. The srv3 28oz. is a tank and is one of the most durable and best performing sticks in the game. I been swinging it for 2 years and with over 2,500 hits it has more pop now then ever!! Gotta have alot of patience to get it broke in but after about 1000 swings it's on Fiyah!! Srv6 seems to be a little lower in performance but maybe after 1000 swings it will get hotter!

LuckyMatthews

Just picked up a 26 and 27 oz srv6. The srv3 28oz. is a tank and is one of the most durable and best performing sticks in the game. I been swinging it for 2 years and with over 2,500 hits it has more pop now then ever!! Gotta have alot of patience to get it broke in but after about 1000 swings it's on Fiyah!! Srv6 seems to be a little lower in performance but maybe after 1000 swings it will get hotter!

I feel like it is only lower in performance until you get a ton of swings on it. As soon as it starts breaking down it gets just as good as the SRV3 at it's peak. The SRV3 just gets there faster and possibly has better durability IMO.

I feel like it is only lower in performance until you get a ton of swings on it. As soon as it starts breaking down it gets just as good as the SRV3 at it's peak. The SRV3 just gets there faster and possibly has better durability IMO.

The srv3 was a log to me previous to 1k swings. Sounded like crap too!
But now after breaking it in I can't seem to wanna swing anything else. :D