ssr4

Softball.com:

clbell71

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey guys I sent in my ssr2 with an issue with the connection piece. They are sending me a SSR4. I have looked for some recent reviews but I have not found a whole lot. Can any of you guys give me a heads up on what I am getting here...thanks for any info or personal reviews.

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
Great bat if you like the SS towards the end. I hit my first in game HR that went around 350, no I can't get close to 400 yet. Im 5"7 155 and teams are surprised how hard I hit. They think its shaved lol. Its a good bat and took me around 600 hits in 90 plus degree weather to break in and now that it has I love it.

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans
My favorite bat I own. It's awesome if it fits your swing, if not you will hate it. Nothing like the SSR2.

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
Okay here is what I know about the SSR4.

It takes longer to break in than a SSR2 but way less time than a pre abi like the SCN9. It will eventually break in but it is more durable than a SSR2 so naturally it takes longer to get to it's full potential. Once it is fully broken in and started to spiral web a bit it will keep up with any other post abi out there. It is a 2 piece obviously but they do not ever click or wobble like a SCN5,9,or7. It is a balanced bat that leans slightly towards the EL side if measured exactly. That is normal for all Easton's 2 piece large barrel bats. Performance wise though it is very comparable to anything else Easton has put out post abi. The sweet spot is not just at the end, unless that is the only area you break in. Just like all of Easton's big barrels, the SS is big too. I will agree with Jakeski13 that it has a softer feel, but only when compared to Easton. It will never get as soft as a Demarini or Miken.....if you like that sort of thing. Personally, I like the feedback because it tells me when I'm off. I don't want to feel like I got all of it everytime only to see poor results. At least with a stiffer barrel I know by the feedback, or lack there of, how well I am actually striking the ball. Did I miss anything?

Last edited:

BASH70

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree with Lucky. SSR2 was my bat for a year and a half. At first I wasn't sure about the SSR4. Took A LOT longer to break in and hit like the SSR2, which it now does. SSR2 is more balance. SSR4 seems more durable. SSR2 has a better sound but SSR4's sound improves as it softens up. Starts out sounding a bit metallic. I don't agree that the SSR4 has a ss near the end. It doesn't. It's in the exact same spot as the SSR2.

freak98guy

Place Clever Title Here
@Lucky- I hope Easton sponsors you or gives you some kind of kickback. You deserve it.

This! ^^^

I can honestly say that you give the most complete reviews I've seen on the post-abi Eastons... Even if you're a little Easton baised (which I am also), you still objectively go through your likes and dislikes on the subject bat. That is very helful and useful data for anyone considering a new Easton. Keep it up!