ST100H break in period?

mattya420

Manager
I keep reading that these things are great bats, the hype was so good I traded a RI Z2000 EL for one....bat supposedly had 100-150 hits on it when I got it and I've put another 150-200 on it in BP sessions....it just doesn't feel like its opened up. Hits sting and it sounds terrible when you hit it. I have a Miken Ink with 300 hits and an old Demarini J2 with tons of hits that both walk all over my ST100H.....should I give up on the Easton or keep hitting it with hopes that it finds another level....or could this one just be a dud?

turner033

Addicted to Softballfans
It will get better the more you hit it. Honestly I didn't care for mine, I was too inconsistent with it.

PPC#12

Manager
We had one as a team bat that we worked pretty hard in BP. Had to have 1000+ and I was not impressed either. It was sold to buy new demarini's : ).... On the bright side they still fetch decent money and could probably trade it for almost anything you would like on here.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
It will get better the more you hit it. Honestly I didn't care for mine, I was too inconsistent with it.

This. At the time I was having an issue with short barrels.

Since I have put in the time with my LV1 I have fallen in lust again, but I know it will always be a love / hate relationship with the short barrels. Not the bats fault I am just inconsistent with them.

Z2K is much easier to hit, but I was worried about the durability.

arturoz28

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll trade you for a 100w. Has a bigger sweet spot. I agree with post above your hittingto close to rapper or cap. I can add cash.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
100H take about 500 before they really get going, but I dropped bombs with them right out of the wrapper. They aren't terrible out of the wrapper just get better with swings..

sammyrod1

Addicted to Softballfans
Wondering if the st100 has the same break I'm if so mines crazy at 300 hits thinking about a 30oz 100h

turner033

Addicted to Softballfans
The st100 is a much more forgiving bat. It opens with 300 to 500 hits, and stays in beast mode until it breaks. I treat every swing like its her last.

mattya420

Manager
I'll trade you for a 100w. Has a bigger sweet spot. I agree with post above your hittingto close to rapper or cap. I can add cash.

I don't want to give up on it just yet......probably end up donating it as a team bat if it doesn't work out for me.

bambinos

1992-93
They are horrible. The bat wont open up. Its overhyped. You should sell it immediately. I might have a friend that wants it. I'll give you 100 bux.

CAMARO80P

Wow I owned a few of these all hot outta the wrapper. But I did own 2 100W bats one was killing it out of the wrapper the other one felt stiff as heck. I am a true believer that every bat is different.

sammyrod1

Addicted to Softballfans
The st100 is a much more forgiving bat. It opens with 300 to 500 hits, and stays in beast mode until it breaks. I treat every swing like its her last.

This is the only bat I've ever been a diva with about people swinging it

ansay

Addicted to Softballfans
100w

My friends beat it up all winter in bp just traded for it am killing it with this bat making me look better than I am. play mostly senior ball and swing senior bats but 100w impressed me.

mattya420

Manager
she woke up last night!!!!...4-5...3 dingers!!! Felt like a completely different bat. Funny that it happened on the same day I sold my Miken

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
im still waiting for my st100 to hit the hot button. mine has about 300 hits and my L1 outhits it. but i have probably 500 hits on the L1

Dirt27

Cage Bomb Hero
I was never crazy about my 100h but in fairness, I did not put much time into breaking it in. The st100 just felt much better from the get go and now I am strictly a fan of the 13.5" barrel.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
im still waiting for my st100 to hit the hot button. mine has about 300 hits and my L1 outhits it. but i have probably 500 hits on the L1

I dont think the st100 will catch an L1 hit for hit.

EDIT: put some hits on that L1, mine is in excess of 4200+ hits and it just keeps on going. It is a crazy stick right now.