USSSA Started training

KannonsDad

**** you
Great, my team will be paying entry fees as well as a request to not have you ump any of our games. Just kidding, that's cool man. Let me know how it goes, I've always thought it would be a cool way to make some extra dough, just been to lazy to look into it.

OG_\FlyingPigs

Purrrrrr
Great, my team will be paying entry fees as well as a request to not have you ump any of our games. Just kidding, that's cool man. Let me know how it goes, I've always thought it would be a cool way to make some extra dough, just been to lazy to look into it.

Ive been telling myself since i started playing ball i wanted to Umpire, finally did it.

KannonsDad

**** you
Ive been telling myself since i started playing ball i wanted to Umpire, finally did it.

I wouldn't be the best out there, but I'm sure I could do better than a lot of the clowns I've had. The guy at Sprinker who was yelling at his girlfriend on the phone between innings comes to mind....

BretMan

Addicted to Softballfans
So...does U-Trip actually have an Umpire Manual?

(Not trying to be smart about it- just have never seen one.)

Gulf Coast Blue

Addicted to Softballfans
Started training today to become a u-trip umpire.Really looking forward to it. That is all, carry on.

When you become an ASA umpire...........we will teach you the handshake and tell you where the secret yacht is located.

All the bourbon and Sam Adams you can drink...........

Joel

OG_\FlyingPigs

Purrrrrr
I umpired hard ball for a bunch of years. You couldn't pay me enough to umpire softball. I have lost my patience for people acting like idiots. If I umpired slowpitch Im pretty sure I would throw out at least 1 player a game.
I took all the whiny bitchmen into consideration and still have to give it a shot.
Welcome to the Dark Side!
I can has wenatchee tourney?
When you become an ASA umpire...........we will teach you the handshake and tell you where the secret yacht is located.

All the bourbon and Sam Adams you can drink...........

Joel
No ASA around here :mad: :(

Gulf Coast Blue

Addicted to Softballfans
I took all the whiny bitchmen into consideration and still have to give it a shot.

I can has wenatchee tourney?

No ASA around here :mad: :(

Sucks for you!!

All kidding aside.....you sound like you really want to do this. That is a good thing............go to the clinics........strive to be good..........go to the clinics.........go to the clinics.............strive to be good........

You can be one of the best if you try for it.

Joel

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
Sucks for you!!

All kidding aside.....you sound like you really want to do this. That is a good thing............go to the clinics........strive to be good..........go to the clinics.........go to the clinics.............strive to be good........

You can be one of the best if you try for it.

Joel

And never settle for "this is good enough." It never is.

I've been at this for a long, long time. I still have much I can do to improve myself.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Good luck dude, didn't mean to disparage your decision at all, the softball world could use more good umpires.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
One of my main reasons also. We have some really good ones and some really bad ones.

Yeah we are the same way here. There are a couple umpires locally that you show up to the game and know its going to be an interesting night and a couple others where you know it will be smooth. It makes you appreciate the good umpires. Showing up and not knowing where the strike zone is, is a rough thing on a hitter.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
what did they not follow?

Biggest pet peeve was that I saw umpires making calls while on the run. No matter what association you're calling for, it's just a terrible idea.

Plus, I have issues with any association that puts a rule in the book, but says, "well, don't get too hung up on these pitching rules. They're just guidelines. If it 'amuses the crowd,' let it go." I guess I'm supposed to know which rules are the real rules and which ones are the fakes. :rolleyes:

synergy40

Addicted to Softballfans
on the run calls are the umps preference and prolly happens in all assoc.

Pitching rule: obviously diff than asa. Pitchers have from the rubber and up to 6' behind the rubber by the width of the rubber, so they can dance, flip, fake..etc. As long as they have their pivot foot planted its legal. Three foot from release up to ten foot. I know asa is pretty straight forward and just pitch it.