Stealth SCN9 or new

buckeyesp17

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a guy in our league offer me $190 for my SCN9. It's just starting to break in and make me forget my SCN5 cracked. I know that offer is a little high, but is there anything better out there I can get for $190 and use in my ASA league?

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
I don't know about 'better' but you'd at least be able to get something pretty much guaranteed to be legal to use beyond this year.

Sideways Guy

Addicted to Softballfans
That's probably a fair offer if it's in good shape. I'd ride with it- great stick. But yes, there are always more options...

buckeyesp17

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the input. Our league plays with ASA "guidelines" but allows any bat with an ASA stamp to be grandfathered in (except the Ultra II), so i'm not overly worried about bats and new ASA guidelines. I looked at the SSR4 and SRV6BH, but both reviewed comparable to the SCN9. Didn't know if there is some hidden gem i'm not finding in that range.

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
What ball are you hitting?

I would sell regardless of ball used. I could get a NIW SRV5 or SV98 and have some funds left over. Not only would it be NIW, it would still have the full 400 day warranty with two returns. The best value play out there, no question.

RalphG427

On the bench
What ball are you hitting?

I would sell regardless of ball used. I could get a NIW SRV5 or SV98 and have some funds left over. Not only would it be NIW, it would still have the full 400 day warranty with two returns. The best value play out there, no question.

Yes, and you can guaruntee less performance. :rolleyes:

Coming from a guy that generally doesn't like eastons, stick with the SCN9. One of the best ASA bats of all time. IMO better than the flex and extended.

buckeyesp17

Addicted to Softballfans
Its dudley thunder heat, can't remember the specs but clears a 305 fence with the right guys swinging the right bats. I haven't seen or heard of the SV98. Didn't really like hitting the SRV5 the few times I swung it. What about the SVR4? Also why is the SV98 not in the reviews page on this site?

toad_2

Semiretired Player
I haven't seen or heard of the SV98. Also why is the SV98 not in the reviews page on this site?
It's the 'Next Generation' 2013(2012) Salvo.... SV = Salvo 98 = ASA bat standard. You won't find it in the review section because it's a 2013 model.

2013salvo98.jpg

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
Yes, and you can guaruntee less performance. :rolleyes:

Coming from a guy that generally doesn't like eastons, stick with the SCN9. One of the best ASA bats of all time. IMO better than the flex and extended.

1.) It's obvious you are not an Easton guy.....you don't know ish about them lol.
2.) The SCN9 on fire is not an OG Flex or EXT

With that said, the SCN9 is an awesome bat. You have put all this time in (or someone has) to make it finally start paying off, you might want to reap the bennefits lol. If you were looking for a change of pace, the SRV5 can be had around $150 NIW with receipt. If you can break it, you get to try the SV98, if you wait for the end of that 400 day window you might get lucky enough to get a SP13SV98 (if ASA bats matter/exist next year). IJS, you have some good options. I would probably sell it only because I know what the SCN9 is capable of, and I am fully aware of what the Salvo's are capable of. An SCN9 starting to get on fire will NOT outlast my 3 bats for $150. Then again what do I know? pfft.:rolleyes:

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
I haven't seen or heard of the SV98. Also why is the SV98 not in the reviews page on this site?

Search in the Easton section. There are a few good reviews of all 3 bats in there. The SV98 is the new Salvo but with a CNT handle, and no more spiral webbing. The SV98 actually spiderwebs and shark tooths like traditional pre-abi stuff.

buckeyesp17

Addicted to Softballfans
SSR4 NIW $160, SRV5 NIW $150, SV98 NIW $170 or keep SCN9. I don't put lots of cuts on bats outside games and don't think I'd break anything in a 400 day window without it being defective. Thanks for all the input, not sure yet which way I go.

RalphG427

On the bench
1.) It's obvious you are not an Easton guy.....you don't know ish about them lol.

I owned 3 flexs and 2 extendeds in multiple different weights and hated every one of them. Bought into the hype and was very very disappointed. Had an scn9 and I would take that bat over the flex/extended every time. I also hope you are not trying to say that the salvo is a better bat than the scn9.

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
If the 9 is broken in keep it since your league does not follow current Asa guidelines. IMO not much better when broken in. But if Asa does what we are all assuming they are you probobly won't get a $190 offer again.

SidewayS00

Addicted to Softballfans
i love my scn9. it took quite awhile to break in but when she did just is on FIRE. she is webbed up and just smashes the ball its great so i would stick with it.

bomboi

Addicted to Softballfans
do not sell your 9 esp since u get to use it for multiple years still, enjoy dropping bombs and thank me later...and btw ralph needs to swing my extended to see what the "hype" is all about

JPritch

Addicted to Softballfans
Look at my sig below. I have both. I'd keep the SCN9.

As for the comparison against the OG Ext, there is none. It's my gamer for a reason.

The SCN9 took a long time to open up, I'd say 500 or so bp/tee cuts. But it's on fire now.

RalphG427

On the bench
I only swung 1 that was nasty, and it ended up being shaved. They're just too much on the stiff side. Personal preference.

LoveyPSU

Sorry, wrong trajectory
Thanks for the input. Our league plays with ASA "guidelines" but allows any bat with an ASA stamp to be grandfathered in (except the Ultra II), so i'm not overly worried about bats and new ASA guidelines. I looked at the SSR4 and SRV6BH, but both reviewed comparable to the SCN9. Didn't know if there is some hidden gem i'm not finding in that range.

Assuming that means the OG Ultra is out, but you need to get yourself a LV. Thank me later.

bomboi

Addicted to Softballfans
Look at my sig below. I have both. I'd keep the SCN9.

As for the comparison against the OG Ext, there is none. It's my gamer for a reason.

The SCN9 took a long time to open up, I'd say 500 or so bp/tee cuts. But it's on fire now.

agreed 100% i've had scn5's, 7's and 9's before (pretty much all the same bat) but if u can see ive slimmed down to only my extendeds now. I just have to hope they don't get ban hammered.

bomboi

Addicted to Softballfans
u know what it stands for cuz i just told u...there was also no point to be made besides the fact u like richard simmons

bomboi

Addicted to Softballfans
the ONLY difference between fastpitch and slowpitch bats is the word "fastpitch/slowpitch" on the barrel...u need to stop fist pumping and know what u are talking about b4 u speak

RalphG427

On the bench
It says Lady on it lol. Didn't say anything about fastpitch or slowpitch.....LMAO at the fist pumping comment. I assume that's a Jersey Shore reference. Little do you know they are all New Yorkers that come down here.

NumberEleven

Addicted to Softballfans

With that said, the SCN9 is an awesome bat. You have put all this time in (or someone has) to make it finally start paying off, you might want to reap the bennefits lol. If you were looking for a change of pace, the SRV5 can be had around $150 NIW with receipt. If you can break it, you get to try the SV98, if you wait for the end of that 400 day window you might get lucky enough to get a SP13SV98 (if ASA bats matter/exist next year). IJS, you have some good options. I would probably sell it only because I know what the SCN9 is capable of, and I am fully aware of what the Salvo's are capable of. An SCN9 starting to get on fire will NOT outlast my 3 bats for $150. Then again what do I know? pfft.:rolleyes:

This is where I disagree with all you "don't know a thing about Easton's talk". I have a 1500+ hit og flex, 2000+ hit OG extended, and a 1300+ hit SCN9. And I hit my scn9 for better distance, pop, and just better than the other two. Not saying its by a whole lot. People have different swings bro, different strokes for different folks. I swing the flex better than the extended. But my teammates swing their extendeds way better than flex's. So why not let people have different opinions. Especially for those who own and have swung all 3

tz23

Addicted to Softballfans
This is where I disagree with all you "don't know a thing about Easton's talk". I have a 1500+ hit og flex, 2000+ hit OG extended, and a 1300+ hit SCN9. And I hit my scn9 for better distance, pop, and just better than the other two. Not saying its by a whole lot. People have different swings bro, different strokes for different folks. I swing the flex better than the extended. But my teammates swing their extendeds way better than flex's. So why not let people have different opinions. Especially for those who own and have swung all 3

I have owned all three also and i agree with you. all have webbing all smash balls but i like my scn9 better. Not by a bunch but for me i get better performance out of it. If you like 2 piece bats I think you will end up liking the scn9. I hated both the salvos the srv5 and the sv98 just dont like the way they swing. If you do get an srv5 go an oz up cause they swing light.

RalphG427

On the bench

Because people need to justify why they paid $300 plus for a used bat and can't handle that another bat can delivery the same performance for half the cost. (not hating on the OG's but I'm just saying they're not for me)