Stephen Haynes Benefit in Conover NC 3-31

Allnaturalpower

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey guys,
A local hickory softball player (Stephen Haynes - Carolina Roidz)went to the doctor for what he thought was a sinus infection. Dr did an x-ray and found out he had an enlarged heart, after doing a heart cath, they discovered that Stephen had a severe leaking aortic valve in his heart. He is going to have surgery to repair / replace the valve, but will be out of work for a considerable amount of time. So I am throwing a benefit tournament for him, to try and offset some of his medical expenses, and lost income.

As for the tournament,
Double Elimination Tournament on March 31st in Conover NC.
$150 entry fee 1-1 with a good foul, any 44 core ball allowed, 3 homeruns per game and you can buy up to 10 additional homeruns for $1.00 a piece.

Prizes are TBA, depending on number of teams. Right now we are looking for the winning team to receive tournament shirts, one dozen balls for second, and half dozen balls for 3rd. We will be having a raffle, 50/50 drawing, and a homerun derby contest.

The proceeds from this tournament will go to help support Stephen Haynes who has recently found out that he has a leaking valve in his heart, and is required to have surgery.
Call Chad Puett (828) 244-7619 to reserve your team a spot.
or email at [email protected]

Thanks for looking,

Allnaturalpower

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks Chris. It was crazy, we played the weekend before and everything was fine. Just one of those things. He's out of the hospital now, but has to go to Winston for surgery next week.

NCFREEDOMSPORTS

Addicted to Softballfans
Tell him he's in my thoughts and prayers as well. Hate to hear that, keep us posted and good luck with the tournament. Keep this at the top

RShane99

Addicted to Softballfans
usa softball

sorry to hear the bad news,usa softball will do something to.prayes everybody

VanSin23

NC Freedom Sports
Real sorry to hear this. Stephen is a really nice guy. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. If not for previous obligations I would definitely bring a team up there this weekend. Good luck to you Stephen.

tanknc

Addicted to Softballfans
man at first with less than two outs...ground ball hit to either short or 2nd ( i wasnt playing this game) shortstop is turning two and the runner doesnt peel off or slide....throw hits him on top/side of his head...he's down and not moving. ambulance and first responders are there shortly after..then the HELICOPTER lands in centerfield. the team was from morganton area and had at least one guy from 64/70

djcs1204

King Jackie!!!
man at first with less than two outs...ground ball hit to either short or 2nd ( i wasnt playing this game) shortstop is turning two and the runner doesnt peel off or slide....throw hits him on top/side of his head...he's down and not moving. ambulance and first responders are there shortly after..then the HELICOPTER lands in centerfield. the team was from morganton area and had at least one guy from 64/70

What guy did it have from 64/70? We were playing in Cherokee this past weekend.

tanknc

Addicted to Softballfans
no idea, just saw he had a 64/70 shirt on. Most of the team said they were from marion area...