Stopped playing ball and stopped posting and...

TanMan215

Manager
I'm down to golf in about 3 weeks. Looks like I'll get back on the golf course before the softball field. Stupid knee surgery. Also, I've heard great things about RBZ woods. Been looking at a 3 or 5 wood.

brock

Addicted to Softballfans
lol none taken, i like playing with ryan and hugo cause i play a lot better. i played last weekend with a buddy of mine that isnt any good and i sucked big ones, so kinda know what you are saying

i mean dont get me wrong it cools hanging out with friends etc and i get that not everyone takes golf seriously etc

but im ADD and i cant stand waiting 10 minutes between shots etc

my normal playing partner and i were the first to tee off at timbercreek...we tee'd off at 6:57am....we were done with 18 holes at 8:37am

we played extremely fast

Miroh23

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't know when this rain will let us play again Roger, but let me know when you want to go again. I want to try out the new RBZ on the course. I have never had any fairway woods in my bag, but I may invest in one sometime soon.

RJ5

Coach
I was about to correct Smoke just like Brock did! Close face definitely results in a Hook. Take that one to the bank. I too laughed when I read it. Hugo, you should have also swung the Taylormade R11 Driver to see which one you like better. The reason the RBZ 3/5 woods are so hot is because of the slot they have on the bottom of the club, it allows the ball to trampoline off the face a lot more. The driver does not have that slot therefore it's not nearly as hot. I've heard most people like the R11 better than the RBZ for the driver. I'll be getting new woods sooner or later and get them fitted as well. I need to get my wedges fitted now that i'm hitting my irons extremely well and struggling with my wedges (used to never struggle with those!) Once I can get my driver and 3/5 wood (depending on the course I play I will switch those out since I have 4 wedges) to be like my irons I'll hopefully get back down to scratch. This golfing once a week thing has really helped!

Miroh23

Addicted to Softballfans
Ryan, I swung the R11 at Golfsmith a while back and it was pretty good, but for some reason I did not feel comfortable swinging it. The driver I have now is not bad, I just wanted an upgrade.

kgvv

Addicted to Softballfans
Tennis. Ha. I thought my softball swing was the reason my golf game sucked. when I was screwing around one vacation playing tennis with my wife, I couldn't keep a backhand in the courts. Then one guy asked if my racket was shaved.

Grimes

Addicted to Softballfans
Grimes is lying

Closing the face results in a hook

Open face is slice

Touché my friend that's what I meant.... Slice/hook it might as well mean the same for my game bc either way it ends up 25-50 yards off the fairway. But I'm game for a outing on the south side unless we get a group mostly on the north side.

brock

Addicted to Softballfans
Tennis. Ha. I thought my softball swing was the reason my golf game sucked. when I was screwing around one vacation playing tennis with my wife, I couldn't keep a backhand in the courts. Then one guy asked if my racket was shaved.

No he didnt

brock

Addicted to Softballfans
Touché my friend that's what I meant.... Slice/hook it might as well mean the same for my game bc either way it ends up 25-50 yards off the fairway. But I'm game for a outing on the south side unless we get a group mostly on the north side.

Timbercreek?

brock

Addicted to Softballfans

AG i have no doubt that you are a big hitter

but 50 yards off the fairway...good lord son take some lessons :)

Grimes

Addicted to Softballfans
AG i have no doubt that you are a big hitter

but 50 yards off the fairway...good lord son take some lessons :)

I'll play timber creek sometime... As far as lessons go... Once I get a set of clubs cut for my height I might do that but in the meantime it's pointless. But let me know when you wanna play!

brock

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll play timber creek sometime... As far as lessons go... Once I get a set of clubs cut for my height I might do that but in the meantime it's pointless. But let me know when you wanna play!

we'll be **** faced by the 6th hole

txbullets

The OG JayZ
Jason once you start playing golf you will want to give up softball..

Not to bump an old thread but I hate it when people are right. Not giving up softball but this thread got me to borrow Roger's old set. I have been playing small cheap courses or hitting the range at least 2 to 3 times a week. Bought a good set of irons on clist and bought a used driver at golf smith. Hit the rbz 3 wood at golf smith today and that thing is stupid. To say I am hooked is an understatement.

So when is the crappy golfers game? I am ready.:D

SmokeDK42

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't even keep a driver in my bag anymore. No need when you can hit 280-300 off the tee with a 3 wood. RBZ 3 wood has been my best golf investment yet