ASA substitution

bdclubber

Addicted to Softballfans
Need a quick answer. If a team is batting 11 guys and has no more subs, guy gets hurt and has to leave the game, is it an out then every time that spot comes up to bat? If so why bat 11?

beernbombs

Abby's dad
Yes, it is. There may be an exception. If the player is injured due to an illegal play/act by the other team. Umpires would need to weigh in on that.
You bat 11 because you have 11 and want to bat everybody.

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes, it is. There may be an exception. If the player is injured due to an illegal play/act by the other team. Umpires would need to weigh in on that.

No, there are no exceptions. (local rules aside)

If you don't want the out, you have substitutes. And if you have players who think they are too good to sit a game every now, maybe they should find a team that only has 9 players.

beernbombs

Abby's dad
I'm thinking of a FP USSSA rule. 5 2 A 1. It would only apply to a batter or runner and not for any future at bat.

beernbombs

Abby's dad
Concerning slowpitch, if a player were to cause an opposing player to leave the game due to injury, is there a rule that covers this? For example, you have 10 players. Opposing player intentionally bowls over your catcher(catcher has ball and is waiting to apply tag), causing catcher to leave game. Runner would be ejected, but what if they have a sub and you do not?

spos21ram

The Legend
Concerning slowpitch, if a player were to cause an opposing player to leave the game due to injury, is there a rule that covers this? For example, you have 10 players. Opposing player intentionally bowls over your catcher(catcher has ball and is waiting to apply tag), causing catcher to leave game. Runner would be ejected, but what if they have a sub and you do not?

I have never heard of such a rule. This is why you should always have a sub.

jsam21238

Addicted to Softballfans

The exception is that the game can continue with less than you start with. If you go short from ejection the game is fortified

jackjohn

Addicted to Softballfans
Need a quick answer. If a team is batting 11 guys and has no more subs, guy gets hurt and has to leave the game, is it an out then every time that spot comes up to bat? If so why bat 11?

In league I will bat everyone, because they took time to make it to the game and we only have 12 on our roster. Its been very rare that all 12 make every game.
Tournaments are a different animal. I will always have an extra bench player, just for the reason you have stated above.