Super z kevin Kennington

THESHOE

Starting Player
I think so.

Very very tight flex that doesn't seem to grow to a wobble with age.

After 150 cuts, bat is as good as anything else out there on the market.

I wouldn't waste my money gambling on OG's (whether they wobble or not, whether they last or not, how many hits, how long til worked in etc). I would just buy a Kennington with warranty now personally, knowing a few BPs and it's good to go.

I thought OGs were a little overhyped. They were OK, for their time. Quickly got left in the dust by some others in following years.

Kennington SZ with a little work is up there with Nighthawk and Miken/Worth bats if you dig their feel. They feel sturdy and tough, and seem very durable from those I have seen of 2015 and 2016 Super Z's with most balls.

Personally I still prefer Nighthawk but would have no issues switching to the KK SZ bats if I had to.

Heard it's as good or better than og z2000. Can anyone confirm this or is it just hype?

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
Mine has over 200 cuts on its nowhere near my freak30 right now. It might get there with time imho it will be a good bat just might take a little more work to get it there which is fine by me I like hitting bp. Haven't swung the 15 super z so I can't tell you anything about that. Honestly I will keep an update on this bat when it gets to 400 cuts because I have just reached the point now where the sound is changing.

Probably a bat that will slip under the radar due to the fact that everyone is hitting Miken and Worth. I'm hitting as far and even further more often with he super Z with around 200 hits that I was with my freak black with 1000. You can go wrong with this bat.

Josh L.

Extra Hitter
I haven't swung the KK yet, should be able to this weekend, from what I have been told by friends who have, it's an absolute fire stick. And as stated above will likely slip under the radar due to the current Miken/Worth hype. Good news is, in a few months there will likely be a bunch of super z's on sale at most retailers.

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer
That's why I'm hitting mine everyone is swinging worth and miken. Hoping mine turns into a fire stick it's feeling better buts not all the way there yet. Not complaining about it one bit though if it lasts over 2000 swings that's a bonus.

philphan89

Addicted to Softballfans
have been swinging it in league. Not as hot as my 15 Super Z with a wobble but it is getting there. Distance is starting to come around really good with this bat.

Agree with everyone else about this being under the radar. Hot durable sticks that will pass compression way longer than worth or miken

THESHOE

Starting Player
Weight and load wise yes.

In terms of break in time, no. This year's is pretty damn g2g out of wrapper. 100-150 cuts and it's fire.

Still prefer my Nighthawk, but finding myself swinging the GF's Super Z a lot at random. Great stick. Hype it gets is well due IMHO. Best LS bat in some time I feel. (She has the Utrip Balanced of the Kennington of this year's)

That being said, last year's was pretty good but took more like 400-500 to get lively. This year's take much much less. Almost out of wrapper g2g.

are they similar to last year's super Z

THESHOE

Starting Player
+1

Really good bat for LS this year. Nice to see them give power hitters and stiff bat lovers a flavour with performance here.

Had weened off LS after their 2pc were all wet bendy noodle type bats (Z3000 & Z4000 and all the reissue stuff)

Super Z was ok last year, but took a lot of work to wake up.

This year's is really really good early on. Took almost nothing to work in the GF's balanced one.

Great bat, with a nice stiff sturdy feel and generous sweet spot.

Probably a bat that will slip under the radar due to the fact that everyone is hitting Miken and Worth. I'm hitting as far and even further more often with he super Z with around 200 hits that I was with my freak black with 1000. You can go wrong with this bat.

Hamrhed

Rock and Fire
Been swinging the SZ dual stamp (great bat-hate the sound lol!)... Watched a team play before us this weekend and mashing a SZ KK: strokes the 52/275 well. Zs and Legits were the best bats I saw this past weekend...

Bagz

Bang!!
This years KK sounds great! I swung one this weekend and it reminded of the og z2k. I was told it had about 400 hits. I may have to break mine in soon. Good bat that will pass comp testing as well.

CAMARO80P

Bat hits IMO just as good as any new UTRIP out there. After about 20 swings hit one 400 plus with a .44 375 in florida heat.

Dars

Addicted to Softballfans
How is the Kennington compared to the Utrip Solo Z? Debating between these two, or a Dual Super Z.

Gladzilla

Extra Hitter
Mine is my late in tournaments gamer, going from a 2.5 el lv1 to a 1oz end load takes me by surprise if I switch to it to early. Overall I don't know why more people aren't swinging one.

Beauner

Starting Player
My first one of these is absolutely on fire right now. I've actually been going back and forth with my '16 Kennington and my OG Freak12 (roughly 700 swings and about to blow up) and have not seen any real decrease in performance. Awfully glad I picked up a second one last year when they were dirt cheap at the end of the year.