Super Z Stovall Midload

chile

Bad Ape
I'll admit to not being a big fan of LS.. Even during the Voltage days...and during the og Catty days... So I kinda missed the OG Z line...i did put some rounds on a dual Z2K a while back and I liked it...just not enough to keep it in the bag versus the myriad of others needlessly taking up space (and $) ...

Fast forward to now and the Super Z Midload... I picked up a 25.5 Hall Z a while back and thought it hit pretty well but it just swung reeeaaallly light for me so I moved it with the intent of getting the Lloyd...

Wound up picking up a 27oz Stovall and have been hitting it quite a bit in bp...

I've read all the good...and bad... About the new Z line but I figured "**** it..."

The one I picked up had about 50 cuts on it already...my initial hit in bp easily cleared the short fence...my initial impression was that it was pretty stiff...swing and barrel feel-wise but I liked it...since then I've put about 150 hits on it and it feels like the barrel has loosened up and it crushes the ball (classic m's, rockets, nx spinners and 52+)...still swings stiff (which I still can't understand why I like swinging it so much) and the mid-load is fairly apparent so if you're not a mid-load fan, it may not be your cup o' tea..maybe it's all the M bats I've been hitting but I hit the ball pretty good with it.

The ss "feels" small but I attribute that to the stiff feel of the bat...but I didn't feel like there was any bite on hits lower on the barrel... Luckily enough, there have been no end cap shots to discuss...

As much as I've been bp'ing the Eastons, this bat has been just as fun to hit... I know a lot of people are still down on these new Z's but I am really happy with it. So if you're easily bored with all the "cool kid" bats, check out the new Z's...the bonus is they can be had a bit cheaper than the competition.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Really like all of the SuperZs. The military is great, looking forward to getting some more swings on the Hall

Aziatik

Just received my Stovall in a 26oz and I love the look and feel, even the pyramid grip, which is much smaller than anticipated and feels excellent with the pinky dropped. Going to swing it on Monday for the first time. Props to Milocoman for the hook up!

Last edited:

chile

Bad Ape
Just received my Stovall in a 26oz and I love the look and feel, even the pyramid grip, which is much smaller than anticipated and feels excellent with the pinky dropped. Going to swing it on Monday for the first time. Props to Milocoman for the hook up!

Enjoy.

Aziatik

Damnnnn....this bat is super sweet! Feels like the weight is at the bottom of the barrel right where the bat tapers down to the handle. Feels like it swings a bit heavy but without any loss of bat control. Used in only one game so far - two opposite field hits to start the game, next I decided to see what kind of distance it had and bounced one off the fence followed by another shot to the base of the fence for a fly out.

Balls jump off the barrel! Really a very good bat for the price. Even the funky grip feels good, just need to put some athletic tape over it to reduce slippage on hot and sweaty nights... Thanks to all for the recommendation! Pick one up, you will not regret it!

Krush411

Manager
Had this bat and a new Easton fire flex loaded to try out today. Loved the feel of the midload z1000 so much that the fire flex is going on eBay.

Great distance out of wrapper. Sticker is 27 but scales at 28. Feels smooth through the zone though. Really digging it!

BOLTMAN21

Manager
Unwrapped my Stovall with a new Watermelon and loved it so much I sold my Watermelon right away. I have never liked any LS and love Worth. These can be had used for cheap too!

Aziatik

I mean, the geometry of the barrel is the only difference between a 13.5 and 12 inch. In the pic above you can see it clearly. The only hittable part of all those bats is in the last 12 inches. The 13.5 has a longer taper and a shorter handle, 12 in shorter barrel, longer handle. Whatever the Stovall is, it's fire.

Batalot

So I was wondering about the end loads of these bats and decided to weigh the tips of some of these.
1st one is a 26 oz blue line ..comes in at 16.9
XmSxE4B.jpg

2nd one is a 26oz Freak 30
rr9QUsx.jpg

3rd one is a 27 LS Stovall(midload)
q7VlqP2.jpg

Others with out photo
ASP2 27 oz 16.9
2016 Connell 27oz 16.9
Demarini Standard Issue 26.5oz. 16.0 oz
Demarini Nautalai 28oz 18.6

Just trying to make sense why the Stovall is so heavy on the tip than all the other End loads.

Just to experiment, I used a .5oz weight and added it to the tip to see what happens.. Naturally.. added .5 oz, then every inch I placed it down the barrel.. the weight remained the same until about 6 inches down the barrel where it dropped by .1 ounces.

I know in the meaning of everything, it's nothing but I thought it was interesting, especially just how much more the Stovall weighed.