Supermax but more endload ?

T Dot

Extra Hitter
I have a 12inch supermax on the way, and am also trying to get a 14inch barrel (DC41) one.

I am going to try and learn to swing both of these in a similar fashion as I did with the maxload. If I do well, I would like to keep progressing and move up in EL (1.5oz).

I have read other forums and Easton has a progressive EL. Does Miken have a true EL or is it progressive?

I would like to bump upto 1.5oz in the future and see how I do. I seems that all the people that have chimed in on my posts and swing the bats I swing have gone to Easton. Thanks @ShortYellowBus for the tip! I am just following in their footsteps.

I wanted to read up in advance before I get there. I at least want to try to swing one, though I think my ceiling would be 1.5oz EL

Thanks all.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Miken has a fixed endload. I'd suspect their advertised endload is the difference between the weight added to the cap and the weight added to the handle.

Easton ditched the progressive endload in 2017. In previous years, the endload really got more pronounced as you went up in weight; a 28oz L1 felt like a completely different bat than a 26oz. I have a bunch of pre-'17 Eastons and they're really a different animal than newer Eastons which all have a comparatively wimpy endload. The only exceptions I've found have been the FF2 10" and the Fire Flex 4 XLT (extra endload). There have been a few other models that have an advertised XLT endload or a "Mule Load" but I have no experience with them.

I'd say the FF2 10" and the pre-'17 endloaded Eastons are comparable to Miken Supermax, at least in 28oz bats.

lukeamdman

Easton still had the progressive EL in 2018 with the Bubba Club and in 2019 with the Wegman, but even those in 28oz only had about .5oz EL.

The most endloaded you're going to get is 1oz. Easton will claim more (the 16' Kirby in 30oz said 5oz EL...) but compared to a Miken the Eastons also top out at 1oz.

The most EL Eastons I've had are the 28oz SP19FF210 and 28oz SP19FF3L which are about 1oz.

clementeunknown

Addicted to Softballfans
I've had multiple Izzy Psychos, I've broken 2. The 28 had a 4 ounce endload and the 27 had 3 ounces, and I suspect the 26 has a 2 ounce endload. They both had a 1.5 ounce counter weight that were solid steel. My 28 2015 DC41 had 4 ounces of endload but the counter weight was aluminum and didn't register on the scale.

basilray

I have the 2020 DC41 in 26oz and the Anarchy Mountie in 26oz.

The DC41 states to be 1oz endload, as does the Mountie. Someone is not telling the truth, as the endload in the Mountie is notably heftier in hand than the DC41.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Easton still had the progressive EL in 2018 with the Bubba Club and in 2019 with the Wegman, but even those in 28oz only had about .5oz EL.

The most endloaded you're going to get is 1oz. Easton will claim more (the 16' Kirby in 30oz said 5oz EL...) but compared to a Miken the Eastons also top out at 1oz.

The most EL Eastons I've had are the 28oz SP19FF210 and 28oz SP19FF3L which are about 1oz.

Easton has CLAIMED progressive endload in 2017 and newer models, but it's not reality. The Bubba Club is a prime example, even in 28oz it felt balanced, light endload at best. A lot of the newer "progressive endload" models came in 0.5, 1, and 1.5oz endloads for 26, 27, and 28oz bats instead of the old 1, 2, and 3oz endloads.

I've seen 30oz models that had "4oz endload" painted on them and some that said "5oz endload". They felt identical. Easton couldn't even keep their own lies straight.

I have a FF210 and it's the most endloaded newer Easton I've held. It's the only post-'16 model I've swung that feels comparable to the old L1's and L2's. I did hold a FF3 Loaded in a store and it was right there too.

T Dot

Extra Hitter
Thank you all whom have responded. This is very helpful and gives me a lot of insight.

I do hate the fact the mentioned bats I like are discontinued though.