surprises and bust

After I read everyones post on here I've decided to give my input.
Matt Kemp was basically hurt all of last year and played through it. Just like in every sport if you play hurt you're going to find yourself coming up with bad habits that make the pain go away. These habits tend to stick around. With that being said, I still think theres great potential there and he will come around and get hot.
Carl Crawford! Holy Cow! Pleas stay healthy! I also drafted him late and I'm loving it!
Stanton? Whos that? Ohh the guy from Miami. Yea he needs to get out of Miami before we see his career take off. He has showed some patience, however ZERO homeruns has to have some people concerned. Buy low if you can!
Lowrie! Drafted him with my last pick in our draft and never looked back!
Iwakuma was another one of my great picks this year! Props to the guy on hear that said it too. I thought I was the only one.
Napoli will continue to produce in a underated lineup with a ton of power espicially now that Papi is back. The ball park fits him greatly.
And to the gentleman reguarding Wil Myers. I also believe that he will be called up at some point this year but will it be in time to fantasy rellivant? I'm not too sure. The Rays have never been ones to bring guys to the bigs quickly. I think he stays down for most of the season and makes a huge splash next year. Dynasty/Keeper leagues, stash and enjoy!

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Good post adrian.......

Anyone else think Gio might be worth a move for the right package of young guys in a keeper league? Im just getting that eh feeling, But I been wrong before.

BAplaya11

Bombin' Outa Control
Good post adrian.......

Anyone else think Gio might be worth a move for the right package of young guys in a keeper league? Im just getting that eh feeling, But I been wrong before.

The problem is that Gio has reverted back to his Oak days and is walking everyone. Last year he had a career low 3.3 BB/9 and now he is back to 5 BB/9. If he can get his control back in order then he can be close to what he was last year. Also he will be 28 at the end of the season.

TASSELHOFF

Addicted to Softballfans
Yea must busts so far that I drafted have to be Price and Gio. They were supposed to be my aces. I still have Wainwright, Darvis, J.Garcia, Pettite, n Greinke on DL tho. Chapman n Rodney as my closers

j-sig

Addicted to Softballfans
Yea must busts so far that I drafted have to be Price and Gio. They were supposed to be my aces. I still have Wainwright, Darvis, J.Garcia, Pettite, n Greinke on DL tho. Chapman n Rodney as my closers

6 team league? or you have no hitters?

TASSELHOFF

Addicted to Softballfans
10 team league. I got decent hitters. Napoli, Konerko, Pedroia, Lowrie, Triple Crown Cabrera, Harper, Frazier, Crawford, Seager, Ryan Howard, Headley, Texeria, Jeter, n Granderson

j-sig

Addicted to Softballfans
10 team league. I got decent hitters. Napoli, Konerko, Pedroia, Lowrie, Triple Crown Cabrera, Harper, Frazier, Crawford, Seager, Ryan Howard, Headley, Texeria, Jeter, n Granderson

can i join your league next year? lol. sheesh.

back on subject: how about Bartolo Colon for a surprise? i dont know what they have in the water out there in oakland but ill take some (always a very good starting rotation). not a lot of K's, but very nice era and whip for colon.

j-sig

Addicted to Softballfans
and im liking my pickup of cingrani so far lol. now to decide what to do with him, hold or sell high since he may get sent back to AAA?????

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
can i join your league next year? lol. sheesh.

back on subject: how about Bartolo Colon for a surprise? i dont know what they have in the water out there in oakland but ill take some (always a very good starting rotation). not a lot of K's, but very nice era and whip for colon.

Colon has had them stretches now and then...... nothing wrong with picking up a guy here and there. I traded Maholm in a keeper league for Middlebrooks and picked up the Corrbin kid in AZ, Hope he can put together a decent season.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
and im liking my pickup of cingrani so far lol. now to decide what to do with him, hold or sell high since he may get sent back to AAA?????

I didnt have a clue on this guy to be honest, But he went quick in my leagues.

j-sig

Addicted to Softballfans
I didnt have a clue on this guy to be honest, But he went quick in my leagues.

Yea I picked him up right when cueto was put on the dl and it was still speculation if he was gonna be the one called up for sure. Only dropped brandon belt for him. There wasnt a whole lot of talk about cingrani during the preseason cause baker always goes with his vets so at the start of the year there wasnt any chance of him making the rotation or getting called up really. Barring injury like what happened to cueto

Anyone buying in that Villanueva is going to be the real deal this year. We all know the moustache is sick but will he stay healthy and can the cubs score enough runs to eventually get him a win? Im a huge cubs fan but I just dont see them being good enough to keep Villanueva on my rotation. Sure spot start him every now and then but hanging on to him, I'm not sure yet.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Anyone buying in that Villanueva is going to be the real deal this year. We all know the moustache is sick but will he stay healthy and can the cubs score enough runs to eventually get him a win? Im a huge cubs fan but I just dont see them being good enough to keep Villanueva on my rotation. Sure spot start him every now and then but hanging on to him, I'm not sure yet.

I picked him up for spot starts, Travis wood didnt look also has had so.e nice starts. I liked wood when he was a Red maybe he will get it together.

j-sig

Addicted to Softballfans

this is why all my leagues im in, use quality starts instead of wins. takes out the variables of if the pitchers team can score and just focuses on how well the pitcher pitches.

cliff lee was the perfect example of this last year. he actually pitched great despite only getting a few wins. hell, there was a game last year where he pitched 10 scoreless innings.

ggs

turn2
this is why all my leagues im in, use quality starts instead of wins. takes out the variables of if the pitchers team can score and just focuses on how well the pitcher pitches.

cliff lee was the perfect example of this last year. he actually pitched great despite only getting a few wins. hell, there was a game last year where he pitched 10 scoreless innings.

yeah most of my serious leagues have switched to QS as well, a far better valuation tool of pitchers than W.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
I picked him up for spot starts, Travis wood didnt look also has had so.e nice starts. I liked wood when he was a Red maybe he will get it together.
Wood is one of those post-hype prospects. He's still only 26 and has always had the tools. It seems he's finally putting it all together.

yeah most of my serious leagues have switched to QS as well, a far better valuation tool of pitchers than W.
This is a great idea. I may see if the Combatant league I run wants to move to QS next year rather than Ws. What would be great would be if you could split up SPs and RPs...use QS for SPs and Holds for RPs. Maybe replace Ws with QS and just add a sixth category for Holds.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
I'm going to add a surprise to this list: Josh Donaldson, 3B, Oakland. Sure, he'll likely come back to earth soon enough, but after today's game he's hitting .318-13-2-16-0 in 88 ABs. And in those 88 ABs, he's only struck out 12 times while earning 10 BBs. Last year between AAA and Oakland, he hit .281-72-22-78-9 in 483 ABs.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
This is a great idea. I may see if the Combatant league I run wants to move to QS next year rather than Ws. What would be great would be if you could split up SPs and RPs...use QS for SPs and Holds for RPs. Maybe replace Ws with QS and just add a sixth category for Holds.

I would absolutely love this. No homo.

I'm going to add a surprise to this list: Josh Donaldson, 3B, Oakland. Sure, he'll likely come back to earth soon enough, but after today's game he's hitting .318-13-2-16-0 in 88 ABs. And in those 88 ABs, he's only struck out 12 times while earning 10 BBs. Last year between AAA and Oakland, he hit .281-72-22-78-9 in 483 ABs.

He's such a wierd case with no discernable splits; just hot and cold. I don't even know where he came from. He wasn't anything special in the minors.

And how about your boy Lorenzo Cain? Seems he's putting it together. I've watched him a bit this year and his approach at the plate is improving each week.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Also drafting Ortiz in all of my leagues this year was awesome. Great DL stash. He's tearing the cover off the ball. I didn't think he'd come back from the achilles/heel so fast.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Also drafting Ortiz in all of my leagues this year was awesome. Great DL stash. He's tearing the cover off the ball. I didn't think he'd come back from the achilles/heel so fast.

2 years straight guys was sleeping on him now...... I could use that bat in my line up

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan

Yeah, He is looking good..... I had no idea until it was to late. Sucks 3B are thin too.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
I would absolutely love this. No homo.

He's such a wierd case with no discernable splits; just hot and cold. I don't even know where he came from. He wasn't anything special in the minors.

And how about your boy Lorenzo Cain? Seems he's putting it together. I've watched him a bit this year and his approach at the plate is improving each week.
Thinking more about it, I think the QS would really be a great move next year. Really removes the frustration of having a pitcher go 7, give up 2 and get the loss or the ND because his team couldn't support him. Think about a guy like Kevin Slowey in Miami. He's had 5 QS in 5 starts, but he has no wins because the Marlins have scored a grand total of 6 runs in support of him.

Donaldson was nothing special in the minors, but there were flashes. He hit a HR every 25 ABs, which would put him in the low 20s on average and also stole 41 bases in 2000 ABs. Strikeout totals weren't bad, but his BA was all over the place. He's not a .320 hitter, and I don't believe is BABIP is sustainable (.367), but if he can keep the Ks low like he has so far this year, he could very well be a .280 hitter this year with potential for 18-20 HR. I just don't know that he can keep his K/AB this low...he never has in his career so what's the difference this year? He's not Mark Reynolds or Rob Deer, LOL, but a K every 7.6 ABs is well below his lifetime avg of a K/4.8 ABs.

I'm pretty sure I threw something across my house when you picked him because he was going to be my next pick. Payback for Sanchez, I guess, LOL.

2 years straight guys was sleeping on him now...... I could use that bat in my line up
He was a great DL stash for anyone who picked him up early enough. He might get hurt a lot these days, but you know that when he's active, you're going to get a solid BA and HR-RBI.

Here's a little piece of trivia regarding the great Big Papi...can anyone, WITHOUT LOOKING IT UP, remember what his name was when he was in the minor leagues with Seattle and Minnesota? The only reason I remember is because I played in a league back then that drafted minor leaguers (23-man active roster, 17-man bench...means you'll have minor leaguers), and he was one of the guys I stashed on my minor league squad.

Yeah, He is looking good..... I had no idea until it was to late. Sucks 3B are thin too.
I picked him up kinda early because I was desperate. Lawrie got hurt for me, and I had two OFs go on the DL and had to put Frazier in my OF. I went out and picked up this guy, and he's been gold...gold, Jerry! (forgive the Seinfeld reference).

Dubdiesel12

Addicted to Softballfans

Paid a $1 in my AL only league for him this year, I was the last team without a DH and figured it would be worth the risk....luckily it panned out for me, Papi is a beast

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Yep, he is most definitely a surprise. Thing about Nate is the skill set has always been there.

Yeah, One time I drafted him expecting a 20/20 guy..... This was after a big year with the Pirates.
Long ago..........

Phyre

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't like the QS thing. Yeah, theres cases where it sounds good like posted above, but that also takes a deep position & makes it even deeper.

Pretty sure 6IP with 4ER is a QS too...I just think that stat is lacking.