Switching from ASA to Utrip, bat help

akdoc

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey all, my team is switching from ASA to Utrip for summer league. My gamer for ASA is a Freak 98, what Utrip bat would compare to the feel of the 98? I'm assuming the OG freak but I've never swung one. Any other suggestions? No this isn't a which bat is best thread, just want opinions of people that have played Utrip. Thanks.

miken-mv1

Addicted to Softballfans
I would say that the freak limited is very close to the freak 98.. U may want to move this to the miken section, you would get more opinions

jbrennan51488

Addicted to Softballfans
no love for your recoil? IMO they are better than a freak 98, but for utrip you can pick up a recoil for about 100, or niw w/r for 140, maybe even a better price if you pm coach,tough to beat that

mayhem2287

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd say go with a freak plus.. Love my f98 and was wanting something same feel as well used freak lmt, og and f plus and I'd go with the f+ just my 2 cents

ZombieJoe

Addicted to Softballfans
Freak LE probably feels the most similar to the Freak 98. But I went with a Freak Plus when i switched to USSSA and loved it.

briggze

Part Time Player
Imo i would go with the dc pyscho. you can pick up here for 189. i have played utrip for many years and always used an og freak ( which is now diamond cracked half way around), i picked up a dc and this bat is hot. takes about 200 to break it in pretty good. have a great sweet spot but a heavy end load. some people dont like the feel its all preference. good luck in your search and let us know what you go with.

1four

Addicted to Softballfans
I also swing the 98 right now and when we play Utrip I swing the Plus. After about 300 cuts that thing is on fire. I am sure you will do fine with any Freak Utrip bat that has been mentioned thus far as they are all pretty similar to the feel of the 98.

lOOkatme

Addicted to Softballfans
Just a FYI. on ebay you can pick up a titan reload for $159 shipped....or if you swing 30ozers...149 shipped.

akdoc

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for all the feedback guys, I went astray and bought a 454 balanced. Gonna see if I like the feel, if not I'll trade it for a Freak.