Taboo?

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
So... I'm kinda surprised that this hasn't come up on here before.
IG is mentioned here and there during conversations but I cant recall anyone actually saying "here is my handle, check out my collection"
Love it or hate it, even if just utilized as a means to check out cool collections and see some cool gloves I'd venture to guess a lot of folks (most folks?) from the board partake (even if they wont admit it:) )
I get the feeling I've had the please of talking to quite a few of you (i feel this way because of DM's saying they have seen a glove or post on SBF lol) but have not been about to put handle to handle, screen-name to screen-name.
So, if this is not "Taboo" and are "willing to admit" you partake in the IG "shenanigans" (even if its just in a capacity of existing rather than flipping/selling) whats your handle?
The main reason this could be helpful, is if you are browsing and find a glove you like - maybe you already know/have spoken to them on the forums but dont even know it.
Knowing boardies names might also help weed through the kiddie riff raff

I put mine in my signature a week or so ago, but anyway MY handle is @yellowsub73

Whats yours so I can give you a follow?

DatDuke

One of my Son's IG account is @BASEBALL_GLOVES17 but he doesn't update it often. He has one cause everyone else on the team has one. I myself do not use IG.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
One of my Son's IG account is @BASEBALL_GLOVES17 but he doesn't update it often. He has one cause everyone else on the team has one. I myself do not use IG.
you browse though dont you? I clda sworn we were talking about gloves you saw on there.
I've put 2 and 2 together with some board members and others share the same name. I wont put their handle here out of respect to them maybe not wanting to share, but I'd be surprised if at least 75% of people didnt use it - at least to scope out some nice pieces

fuzzai

Starting Player
I was using it this week having a great laugh at ur Delgato post about his "franklin" rawlings glove. lol
First time i used it and going through post over posts and leading to other ppl, wow some of them kids are cray!

So what im trying to say is, i can't share an IG name as i don't have one...just my photobucket. :)

Phantomblack

Addicted to Softballfans
I considered instagram briefly, but the amount of kids commenting "fsot" on almost every post as well as the downright ignorance of the majority of people on there is a turnoff. Then again, this section and the f/s is heading down the same path...

DatDuke

you browse though dont you? I clda sworn we were talking about gloves you saw on there.
I've put 2 and 2 together with some board members and others share the same name. I wont put their handle here out of respect to them maybe not wanting to share, but I'd be surprised if at least 75% of people didnt use it - at least to scope out some nice pieces
Nope. I don't have an account. we chatted via gw dm

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
im on there. i have a few pictures of gloves on there from some that i have relaced or just some gems i have acquired @pkcenter

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
I do a lot of business on IG. The trick to it is branding, setting up the way the account will work and sticking to it. I rarely get the annoying kids any more.
Nearly 1,200 posts of some fine leather and nearly 5,500 followers.

Last edited:

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't use my personal IG very much now. It's still active and I do follow a handful of glove people but just got tired of the constant "is it for sale" when the poster says "NFSOT" or "how about sending me a free glove" or "I have this used, beat to hell glove for your pristine, looks new glove" comments. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the pics but most of the time, I do without the comments.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
I don't use my personal IG very much now. It's still active and I do follow a handful of glove people but just got tired of the constant "is it for sale" when the poster says "NFSOT" or "how about sending me a free glove" or "I have this used, beat to hell glove for your pristine, looks new glove" comments. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the pics but most of the time, I do without the comments.
I think you hit the nail on the head there... but often followers seem to get the gist. If you kinda stay away from posting fsot or that early offer crap they seem to kinda leave you alone. Also, the guys doing the older stuff seem to kinda fall in together where a lot of the nonsense you mentioned is with the people who use it as a trading or selling tool.

scor4

DM offers but no description is my pet peeve . I've followed an unfollowed at least two dozen glove hoes. I too enjoy the pics but would rather "shop" the forums, fb or the bay. Not like I buy a lot gloves anyway.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
I think what bugs me the most is the "DM offers" bullcrap. List a price FFS.
EXACTLY... Drives me nuts!! Do they even want to sell it? Are you waiting for a crazy pie in the sky offer to come along? In most cases do you know this can be bought at retail (prob for less than you paid for it) and THAT has a listed price? My fair offer has to sit on the table for an unspecified amount of time while you field other offers that may or may not be to your liking and if nothing better comes along in a few days then you'll take my offer??? ONE time I fell for it and made an offer. He came back like a week later saying hed accept my offer. Mmmmaaaannnnnn I found the same or similar glove like 6 days ago and paid less! Ya snooze, ya loose! Then I d imagine he got all snippy about honoring my offer etc. THAT kinda thing falls on deaf ears at that point. You wanna talk about mutual respect about honoring a offer you didnt even consider good enough to consider until 6 days later?? please.. But I digress...:) If you want to sell your glove, POST A PRICE!!!!
Do you not want people to know your prices are super high?
I'd think this is more of a turn off. If i see a glove with a price, I'm much more likely to consider it than something I have to DM to find out a price for. Not very buyer friendly.

Side note, anyone know how to change a title of a thread?
Maybe this could be a All Things IG thread now that we've established its a well used thing mamong boardies. People can continue to list their handles.. if someone has an issue with something, post a heads up. Or just gripe away! lol

Last edited:

Phantomblack

Addicted to Softballfans
I think what bugs me the most is the "DM offers" bullcrap. List a price FFS.
Exactly. It's not eBay, post a damn price. And on top of that, people get offended with "lowball offers" (which are probably realistic offers) when buyers are guessing what the asking price is.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Exactly. It's not eBay, post a damn price. And on top of that, people get offended with "lowball offers" (which are probably realistic offers) when buyers are guessing what the asking price is.
+1!!!
BUT its not what THEY paid for it!!! No concept at times of depreciation or the sad truth that at the end of the year gloves get clearenced.
If you buy a glove for $250 in the spring, use it for the summer, and try and sell it in the fall for $200 theres a chance you can pick up a new one on clearance for that price if not less... But somehow $175 is considered a lowball lol. This is not a specific example of course, just more often than not something similar. I do think its easy to forget that more often than not you can be talking to a 16yr old and not even realize it and they just dont know how it works so its not always their fault per se

DatDuke

My son's account is guilty of not listing prices. The reason is simply he has no concept of how much any of them are worth. His account straightly are for kids in his league who wants to trade gloves or kids who are looking for gloves. This is one of his socializing tool to meet other players. Once he got a respond from it. I will handle the rest. I just sold 2 gloves before the season start. And I sold em the gloves at my cost just to help his teammates out.

Jen_16

Coach
Oh jenn....:) its like batman and joker.. wilson vs rawlings.. they need each other!!

True true. I think the majority of my followers can tell I'm joking and that the banter is fun. I do get some really angry kids from time to time who want to DM and defend "their brand" lol. Today I should be receiving my newest glove (a Rawlings custom) in the mail

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
True true. I think the majority of my followers can tell I'm joking and that the banter is fun. I do get some really angry kids from time to time who want to DM and defend "their brand" lol. Today I should be receiving my newest glove (a Rawlings custom) in the mail
Enjoy them plats!! Excited to see and make sure ya show that sucker off!!!

bas0bro27

Extra Hitter
@Base0bro27 is my account, and actually other than most people, I like showing my gloves off to people I don't know rather than my teammates. Some people just don't get collecting gloves.

eviladams

All hail Megatron.....

If you notice though, a lot of those gloves don't move bcause they are in fact way off on price. The OP will end up reposting the glove multiple times because no one will buy it for what they want.

fuzzai

Starting Player
Ok ok...from what i've read here....it sounds like i need to make an account and troll kids...This could be a full time job while im at work for me.