Taking a week off??

bigtex

Addicted to Softballfans
Whats up bros. I just finished the 13 week program of P90X 2 weeks ago. Last week I did other cardio like running outside, SB league games, etc. I decided this week to completely take a week off of any programs. On Monday I am gonna start the P90X-Insanity Mixed workout. My question is, was that a good move? I think that I was just trying to "Shock my body". I also ate whatever I wanted this week. Not overboard, but whatever (ice cream, burgers, chips, even a few beers). What do you guys think? Anyone done this before?

armywrx

Dedicated Meathead
Yes. Every couple of months I'll take 4 or 5 days off. Recovery is just as important as your workout and sometimes it is a great idea to take a couple of extra days off.

Flash

<font color="#7AC5CD">Ice Queen</font>
Agreed. It's good to give your body rest and recovery time. That, however, doesn't mean doing absolutely nothing. Go for a walk, a light jog ... do something to keep moving. Nothing too strenuous, though.

J187

Welcome to Good Burger
Not many people will stay sane keeping up with vigorous workout schedules and not taking significant time off here and there. Every couple of months or so I will take an entire week off from weight training. I usually come back stronger and refreshed.

AWall13

Addicted to Softballfans
I havent worked out or played ball since last monday. I did go swimming a few times and hung out in the hottub over the weekend and not gonna lie......my body feels as good as it has in a long time

sb13

Addicted to Softballfans
whats up bros. I just finished the 13 week program of p90x 2 weeks ago. Last week i did other cardio like running outside, sb league games, etc. I decided this week to completely take a week off of any programs. On monday i am gonna start the p90x-insanity mixed workout. My question is, was that a good move? I think that i was just trying to "shock my body". I also ate whatever i wanted this week. Not overboard, but whatever (ice cream, burgers, chips, even a few beers). What do you guys think? Anyone done this before?

you cant be a sb player and not drink beer? Can you?