Tanners lace

CountryBoy

Addicted to Softballfans

Is this stuff legit tanners? I picked some to relace a local glove and this stuff is ridiculously stiff. Stiff enough to where is was almost cutting my finger tips.

I have relaced a few other gloves and the only lace I've seen that comes close to this is that mizuno plasticky crap.

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Only if you buy a bundle does it come with the tanners tag.
Yes, the tanners will cut up the fingers a bit, some lace is stiffer than others.

The lace is usually soft to the touch on the top, but the edges will cut you if you pull the laces against your fingers.
Its a nice burning feeling

F

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Getting consistent results in the tanning process is impossible. Bart at GS used to use Tanners for black and tan lace, but it was inconsistent enough that he found his own alum tanned leather supplier to cut his own. But the last few batches were softer than he wanted. Turns out there are too many variables from the cow to the heat and humidity in the Tannery.

CountryBoy

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought I ordered tanners before in camel. That lace was way way softer than this stuff. Unfortunately this was a very low end and completely worn out glove cause this stuff would have stiffened a glove right up. Kind of want to use it on one if my own.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Color matters a lot. My guess is that type of tanning used to make the leather differs by the color they want to use. Chrome tanned leather (handles heat and moisture better) is softer than alum tanned (which is way stiffer and stronger).

I really want to get my hands on some Auburn Cougar lace, but I called and you need to order like 1,000 pieces at a time.

Last edited:

JCglovesUSA

Addicted to Softballfans
Rous.

I would be up for a group order of Cougar Tan.

I would go for 100 laces....

Now if we can find 8 other guys who want 100, we can place an order :)

JC

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Remember, 3/16" and 1/4" are different laces, so are you ready for 200 pieces?