tapping back to pitch

Theseaduck

The Veteran
Bp or home run derby ....every youtube video A-D level before they hit, they tap a few pitches back to the pitcher?
I find it ridiculous, so tell me what's the point ?

Theseaduck

The Veteran
that's not obvious to me sorry man.....any random vid...some of them are strikes....catch them then.. ..batter clearly just stands there for this sole purpose to tap a few.....
is he letting the pitcher find the plate?
I find that FN ridiculous too....just start the video of your bp or home run derby 1:20 secs later...

THESHOE

Starting Player
Those who get "why" you do it, it's between you and pitcher. Find the zone let him have a few etc. Yes some may appear strike ish, but high or low - Hitter may say yeah those or get em up a bit etc, more inside or outside. Conversations can vary based off what pitches you wanna work on or what your jam is for a derby round.

Depending on derby rules, you may even get 2 taps before time and ball count is on...

Then enter all the posers who do it cause they see it in vids but have no idea why they do it other than to belong I guess.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
not a rant thread just trying to find out why alot of them do the sos
It's so they look cool like the big boys.

It's because the pitcher needs to warm up because it's about to be his fault if they lose.

He's talking about the guys that say let me tap a few at the beginning of every round. Maybe it helps then get loose, more often than not when I've asked them they say I don't know why. I've done it before. Didn't seem to do anything for me, but I start my BP rounds out at about 60% anyway.

Chubby_43

It's so they look cool like the big boys.

It's because the pitcher needs to warm up because it's about to be his fault if they lose.

He's talking about the guys that say let me tap a few at the beginning of every round. Maybe it helps then get loose, more often than not when I've asked them they say I don't know why. I've done it before. Didn't seem to do anything for me, but I start my BP rounds out at about 60% anyway.
Some guys do it to get loose.. Look at all Jeff Hall's video's he'll tap the first couple back to get loose..

But listen to Country he knows all.. :rolleyes:

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
I bet you would see the guys that can tap where ever they want are your best hitters, I have lol'd watching people that cant tap back at all and they usually arnt good hitters to begin with. Its deff a timing thing and it does help you get ready. Now starting your BP vid with it, unnecessary. And PS, yes Listen to Country or he will be angry

Country469

yeah this ****ing idiot thinks tapping balls is "getting loose" and blows jeff hall but I'm the one who needs eyes rolled,right. Old, fat, and gay af.

Wild53 liking a post pretty much means you lost before you even reply.

Chubby for real tho, congrats on winning whiniest little ***** poster of 2018, it was a late run, but you earned it.

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
Like Buggs said it's a timing thing, but also to get loose I guess. My goal is to tap it back on a line to the pitchers glove. Some guy's goal is to one hop the pitcher. Pretty sure we are a miken team this year, so once I get my bats I'll pull the camera out of retirement and make a video with the new sticks.

Chubby_43

yeah this ****ing idiot thinks tapping balls is "getting loose" and blows jeff hall but I'm the one who needs eyes rolled,right. Old, fat, and gay af.

Wild53 liking a post pretty much means you lost before you even reply.

Chubby for real tho, congrats on winning whiniest little ***** poster of 2018, it was a late run, but you earned it.

LMAO.. Look is who talking.. The big man on the internet.. Ok F1, keep degrading people to boost your penis envy ego..Your a Joke and so is your game.. Go back to church league where you dominate.

Dogue

Evil Genius
Tapping back bad pitches is common, the OP is asking about guys that tap back the first few pitches regardless of how good the pitch is.

Country469

LMAO.. Look is who talking.. The big man on the internet.. Ok F1, keep degrading people to boost your penis envy ego..Your a Joke and so is your game.. Go back to church league where you dominate.

Oh another Country ball licker... Do you wipe his ass too?

First of all, what's funny here is you posting on friday night at 7:37 pm and 7:03 on sunday night. So its clear your weekend revolves around being on this board. LOL

As for the first post, does that make you feel better? I hope so. I realize I **** all over your ego and pointed out you've been in rec for life and never did anything worth a ****. But yeah your softball game is trash, your **** talking game is trash, you're physically overweight.

Only thing you left out is threatening to kick my ass (cuz we both know you couldn't)

and its "you're a joke" as in "You're a fat ass chubby and the more you speak the more your intelligence shows"

Chubby_43

First of all, what's funny here is you posting on friday night at 7:37 pm and 7:03 on sunday night. So its clear your weekend revolves around being on this board. LOL

As for the first post, does that make you feel better? I hope so. I realize I **** all over your ego and pointed out you've been in rec for life and never did anything worth a ****. But yeah your softball game is trash, your **** talking game is trash, you're physically overweight.

Only thing you left out is threatening to kick my ass (cuz we both know you couldn't)

and its "you're a joke" as in "You're a fat ass chubby and the more you speak the more your intelligence shows"

LMAO! There you go assuming things about me.. You young man are the "JOKE" I don't live on this board to harass people like you do. Chubby is a nickname douche bag... LMAO.. But since you know everything about me, you can only attack my nickname.. When your mom lets you have your phone back then talk to me. Since you still live a home in your parents basement, and your only release is to bully people on a message board, good on you. We all know you don't have a oz of game above church league but you feel compelled to make everyone seem at your level.. So have a nice day... You'll probably have to google that saying because your not smart enough to figure it out..

Last edited:

Country469

LMAO! There you go assuming things about me.. You young man are the "JOKE" I don't live on this board to harass people like you do. Chubby is a nickname douche bag... LMAO.. But since you know everything about me, you can only attack my nickname.. When your mom lets you have your phone back then talk to me. Since you still live a home in your parents basement, and your only release is to bully people on a message board, good on you. We all know you don't have a oz of game above church league but you feel compelled to make everyone seem at your level.. So have a nice day... You'll probably have to google that saying because your not smart enough to figure it out..

parents basement comment = fat ass punts on 3rd down again

you've yet to refute any of the actual good softball advice I gave btw....why is that? Still mad bru. Still mad.

Country469

He even says I'm bullying him. What a tough guy. He literally has no clue this is a game people are lol'ing at him reacting like a little ***** online. I knew those rec lifer comments would get to him, you can just tell he's one of those guys. don't be one of those guys, guys. This crying and *****-assery is why no one wants to be around this forum anymore. Can't take actual advice and cries instead. Anytime you wanna hit for money chubbster, you holler. Cuz I'm better and I will 100% put my money where my mouth is.

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
this must be a new thing. i've been out of the game for a couple years now. never heard of this nonsense. but if the og's are doing it. i'll do it.