Team Fees

Rkstr_Gourley

YUUUUUUUP
Ok SBF I have a question for everybody.

Is it wrong of me to ask my 12 guys that play for me next year to pay a $250 buy in for the whole year?

And that will pay for all the tournaments they play in for all of next year plus their uniofrms as well? Our team does not have a lot of sponsorship funds every year we do get some softballs donated to us, plus a lil money from a gew sponsors but just not much is all. I just think if I was to get that money up front from all the guys then I would not have to listen to them ***** about $20 here & $20 there for every tournament because I would already have it up front. PLease resond if you have any ideas to what I shoudl do on this or where I might be able to find some Sponsorship money from places......

roubacca

Addicted to Softballfans
Just ask them as long as they can afford it prolly no prob. My team would freak if I asked for that much they think since it's my team I should find enough sponsors for stuff.

Rkstr_Gourley

YUUUUUUUP
Just ask them as long as they can afford it prolly no prob. My team would freak if I asked for that much they think since it's my team I should find enough sponsors for stuff.

Thanks Roubacca, Yes it is my team I agree I should find more sponsors. But in our area we are struggling to find them. I have tried local bars, resturants, car dealerships, area business, but not much luck. Even with showing our local sucess plus travel sucess. I do ask all my guys every time for the $20 to play each tourntament & so far much problem with that but I figure if I could just get everybody to come with the $250 upfront then I would never have to worry about it.

I am just trying to get better success my guys first but I know this next year I don't want to pay for everythign upfron then have to take a chance not to get it back when we all get together!!

nixonride1

SEA -HAWKS
Consider it a player fee....a lot of teams in the north west do it....ours usually are a little less...most range from the $150-$200 range...but I think it is a great idea for both the players and team....show them that they are paying less up front than they would if they were paying $20+ per tourney and that it includes jerseys...they u as coach always have the money in hand to pay for the tourney and don't have to worry about collecting or covering it yourself.

Rkstr_Gourley

YUUUUUUUP
I agree nixonride1 that is my plan to tell them it is player fees......which will include there uniforms & tournaments as well. I am just trying to get other guys thoughts on this before I let my guys know that this what I am going to do at the first of the year next year. Thanks for the comment

Hittin6

Addicted to Softballfans
It is a totally viable plan. I have seen too many times the team leader ending up in the hole due to people sliding on fees. You may have to work with some players on a few payments, depending on financial situations. Let us know how it works out.

Cole4088

Addicted to Softballfans
I would figure out a total you want to raise for the team.. Tournament and uniforms.. Run a couple fundraisers. I run football squares 10 per square then payout half then keep half and every guy only has to sell 7 squares if you pay $10 a square you make $500 a sheet. Then when the year come whatever you didnt raise make the rest a player fee. $250 is alot per player. My three square sheets then a tourney raises around $4,000 a yr. then I charge a resonable $75 for balls and uni's.

Rkstr_Gourley

YUUUUUUUP
Thanks guys for your thoughts. Last year we paid out $50 for jerseys from Shirts & Logos, we played in 15 tournaments & still playing which is $20 a man everytime we play. The softballs we got sponsored to us last year & hoping the same again next year as well. Plus we have league fees as well at $850 a night so I was thinking bewteen the few small sponsorships we do get & the $250 it would just barely cover it all if it even would cover it. Last year I shelled out an extra $300-$400 out of my own pocket on a few odd & in's. Like $10 here & $15 there so it all added up I am just trying to stop form that this year is all. But thanks for the help guys. I am hoping that we can run a few Tournaments this year to help out plus do some fund raisers as well.

shawdogg21

Addicted to Softballfans
what i am charging is 115. thats gets you a customized jersey and a pant. my plan is to get in a few small town tourneys and build our bank up win a few 600 dollar payout tourneys and should be good for year. if doesnt work out the way i plan then dont think 20 dollars per player is a lot to ask because after all is a hobby and something you enjoy to do. so if complaining about paying at the most 80 a month prolly shouldnt be playing. no different from buying a set of golf clubs and paying 20 an outing what are you gonna do tell the people at the front office that your tired of paying because their price is expensive lol. good luck trav

remo5

Addicted to Softballfans
If you charge a player fee, then expect mediocrity. Not trying to be harsh, but players that are willing to pay usually don't have other options to play. If you are trying to get elite talent (by the number of post's I've read from you I guess that this is the case) then you are going to have a hard time competing against other teams for the same player. Problem is you have one team saying that they will pay for everything, and one team trying to charge you $250. Its going to be a no brainer which team the player will choose. We've all heard the term "you get what you pay for", I would guess that this would be the case. If you are interested in some creative fund raisers that I've ran in the past, give me a call and I will fill you in. We've ran it the last 2 years and we've raised $1500 each year.

shawdogg21

Addicted to Softballfans
im just going to host a tourney at winter park end of april or 1st weekend in may depends on schlaraman girls softball schedule.

Hits Happen 20

Endless Retirement tour
This year I'm doing a $250 player fee but we are hosting a fundrasier. Each player has the opportunity to raise $250 or more then they will get there player fee back. Some would rather pay $250 then sell 25 raffle tickets at $5 each while other would rather sell and have less out of pocket money.

We do a bowling event where we raise $125 per lane at 20 lanes. The bowling alley charges us $1000 for 3 hours and gives us free food (pizza and wings). We then have a raffle at the end usually giving away a TV and sports jerseys and other things ( giftcards and stuff) that were donated by local places. For $5 each. We send out maybe 50 to 75 letters to local places asking for stuff to donate and I'd say we get responses from 20 to 30. and the worst we ever got was a no in fact one of these letters ended up turning into a sponsorship of $500 for this year.

It can be done just have to be willing to have a few doors shut in your face and also think out side of the box alittle.

nickde9903

Addicted to Softballfans
I charged my guys $100 this year which paid half our unis they got two pairs of pants two hats and two jerseys plus or sponsor money and fundraisers but I had guys nor do there parin in the fundraising so this year I'm doing the 100 again and keeping track of what guys raise in the fundraising and for the guys who don't do there part will pay what it would be per man for a tournament

bojangles

Addicted to Softballfans
I charged my guys $100 this year which paid half our unis they got two pairs of pants two hats and two jerseys plus or sponsor money and fundraisers but I had guys nor do there parin in the fundraising so this year I'm doing the 100 again and keeping track of what guys raise in the fundraising and for the guys who don't do there part will pay what it would be per man for a tournament

this year I charged each guy $50 and that covered jersey, pants and a hat, money from sponsor paid for the rest of our uniforms. Then I just charged everyone $20 at each tournament. It worked ok but it sucks collecting money the day of the tournament.

Next year we are going to try and do a trivia night to raise some money, then charge each player $150. Hopefully that will cover uniforms and tournaments. It will all depend on how the trivia night goes.

troy65

Addicted to Softballfans
you will have to have fund raisers and a main sponser you should be able to play 12 tournies and league. remo has cash and pays his players we are all not that lucky

remo5

Addicted to Softballfans
LOL. I love it when Walker posts, its never dull. I've never paid a player in my life Walker, or will ever pay a player!! I'm just saying that if I tried to charge the guys I have to play, I wouldn't have half of em on my team. I would be really surprised if you charged your players either!!

Rkstr_Gourley

YUUUUUUUP
Remo & Troy you guys are so funny. I like playing around both of you guys. Good luck to both of your teams next year in the C division! I wish you both good luck..........