Techwrap Question

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
Does the Techwrap have the PowerArch technology? Noticed it was made the same year as the OGRT which did have the PowerArch, but didn't see it in the description in the price guide. Also, how do you guys think it compares performance-wise to the TZ?

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
The Techwrap and the OGTZ should be close performance-wise, since the TZ replaced the Techwrap. I don't know about the PowerArch deal.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
I figured it would be about the same, for the reason you said. I know the PowerArch helps the durability, which is the main reason I'm asking. Got an offer from someone seeing if I'm interested in trading one of my TZ's for a TW.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
Yeah it's balanced but swings a slight heavier then a TZ.

That makes me lean away from the trade, as the TW is a 29 oz. already. Might just sell it straight up, still haven't decided if I want to get rid of it. Really probably depends on if I get on a fall league team. If not, I'll more than likely sell it.

tumblebug

My name is NEO!
The PowerArch made the TechWrap possible. Before the PowerArch the DeMarini patent kept this bat on the drawing board. So, yes the TechWrap has the PowerArch.

10range

Addicted to Softballfans
I use a black Techwrap on a regular basis. To me it feels like it is somewhere between the RT and TZ. For me the TZ was too stiff. The RT is more end loaded than I prefer. The Techwrap has turned out to be a good compromise of the two.

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
It's all about personal preference. Balanced, endloaded, something in the middle... find whatever works best for you, close your eyes and swing outta your shoes in case you hit it. :D

krunchyfrogg

It's all in the reflexes
I've swung a 27oz OGTZ and a 27oz black TechWrap side by side, and the TW was both more endloaded and heavier on a scale.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
I may end up trading for the TW after all. After getting used to my '11 TZ (which is a 29), my OG almost feels too light. Figure I'll hold on to my OG to have a 28 and trade my CK out for the TW.

BigBL87

29 oz, you say?
you are sneaky, going around the patent

CleverGirl.jpg