Tell me about Salvos

THESHOE

Starting Player
So never hit these, but have seen guys who hit them as good as the big money models.

What's the deal with these?

Researching the 2015, seems to be also same IMX material as the Raw line. So if the difference in the handle?

Any reviews on the 2015? How is the dual stamp model? Does it hit the 52's well?

Pretty

Softball is cool
I know the handle is the biggest difference, it is a very stiff handle.

The 2015 associate specific, ASA or NSA/Utrip, are 12" EL Barrel. Dual Stamp is balanced.

The SRV5 2011 is a very good bat that hits the rocks or 52's very well. The SV98, the 2012 model was darn good too but doesn't get a lot of love. The SRV5 was more balanced than the SV98 IMO. Some say the earlier SRV5, date stamp xx10, are better and hotter than the later stamped. Both have 12" Barrels. The L6 from '13 and '14 would be about the same bat. I have yet to swing the new Salvo.

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
I had a 27oz Utrip model salvo and after about 200 swings it was right there with my Wegman. Great bat for the price, great to Bp the hell out of and still pass compression. I'm awaiting an exclusive 2pc Salvo to test it this weekend. I'm hoping for same performance as my Kirby

jk22

Humpty Dumpty was Pushed.....
I know the handle is the biggest difference, it is a very stiff handle.

The 2015 associate specific, ASA or NSA/Utrip, are 12" EL Barrel. Dual Stamp is balanced.

The SRV5 2011 is a very good bat that hits the rocks or 52's very well. The SV98, the 2012 model was darn good too but doesn't get a lot of love. The SRV5 was more balanced than the SV98 IMO. Some say the earlier SRV5, date stamp xx10, are better and hotter than the later stamped. Both have 12" Barrels. The L6 from '13 and '14 would be about the same bat. I have yet to swing the new Salvo.

Well spoken...SV98 was the Orange - headed stepchild. Felt like a 13.5" barrel even though it wasnt..

IMO, the Salvo series performs verbatim to the 3-Hundo-Baker/ Wegman sticks. I dont own those 2, just swung them in BP Demos, but I do own the SP15SVA & SP15SVAU models. They're both green bananas for now, but will put that VA up against the best. Its gonna be my Tourney gamer by June ,,easily

OilCountryCanno

Star Player
meh, being mostly an Easton/Dem guy I never liked Salvo's. Too stiff for my liking even after a ton of swings. Teammates had a few over the years and got rid of them. Haven't swung the most recent Savlo's and I'd probably only ever see or buy one for BP tbh.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I had a 27oz Utrip model salvo and after about 200 swings it was right there with my Wegman. Great bat for the price, great to Bp the hell out of and still pass compression. I'm awaiting an exclusive 2pc Salvo to test it this weekend. I'm hoping for same performance as my Kirby
IMX handle ?