Texas ASA bat rule and new ball

Natetrep

The Veteran
So we are now using the new .52 core 300 comp balls and are allowed to use any bat legal in any of the other leagues.
I have always hit best with my PST xtra reguardless of ball.

Was looking at buying a better/hotter bat like a Denny crine psycho, Easton SCN18, 10' BJ Fulk mayhem, or 11' z-1000 endload.

How do the above bats perform with the new .52/300 balls?
Any suggestions on bats that hit the new ball well..?

JohnnyH

Addicted to Softballfans
So we are now using the new .52 core 300 comp balls and are allowed to use any bat legal in any of the other leagues.

Was looking at buying a better/hotter bat like a Denny crine psycho, Easton SCN18, 10' BJ Fulk mayhem, or 11' z-1000 endload.

The bats you listed would probably do well with that ball. I have a Mayhem JHM75120 (pumpkin) that i would sell cheap ($110) if you are interested. 27.5 oz stock with about 250 swings on it. It would be very similar to the Fulk.
Houston area

crayers16

Addicted to Softballfans
if you could hit any bat i would go with depends on how you like your end load. if you like a full 1oz end load then i would go with a mayhem xl, if you like a slight end load i would go with a connell 2, of no end load i would go with the faulk. just curios what league are you playing in?

Gamble

Addicted to Softballfans
27oz Lady Virus (approved in ISF), or a SR bat like Country suggested will outperform anything else.

irishmafia

Addicted to Softballfans

Can you please clarify your statement? I see nothing on the Texas ASA web site suggesting such a change in their rules. Or are you referring to a specific league?

Thanks

RagingHomer

Addicted to Softballfans
He may be referring to Cypresswood. We just changed our bat rules to allowed any USSSA/NSA/ASA bat around as long as it does not conflict with a banned bat list in any association besides ASA. The lady Virus is out since it is on the NSA banned bat list.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
He may be referring to Cypresswood. We just changed our bat rules to allowed any USSSA/NSA/ASA bat around as long as it does not conflict with a banned bat list in any association besides ASA. The lady Virus is out since it is on the NSA banned bat list.

Boy, that's a convoluted rule...

RagingHomer

Addicted to Softballfans
Boy, that's a convoluted rule...

It is, but we sat down with our insurance providers and discussed which bats we could allow and be covered under our insurance. This is the best way i have found to explain it to players who have been asking about which bats they can use. We determined that we are using the NSA non-approved bat list for our banned bat list.

NCASAUmp

Un-Retired
It is, but we sat down with our insurance providers and discussed which bats we could allow and be covered under our insurance. This is the best way i have found to explain it to players who have been asking about which bats they can use. We determined that we are using the NSA non-approved bat list for our banned bat list.

As long as it's one easy-to-understand list, that's fine. But what you said sounded like you were mixing and matching lists, and that's a recipe for disaster. Consistency goes right out the window.

Natetrep

The Veteran

Yes, playing out at Cypresswood. SKSA managed fields. I was missing some important details about bat rules (quoted above).
I have a .12 The One and have not been impressed with it after about 300+ hits...

Natetrep

The Veteran
Here is a list of the NSA non-approved bat list

CE Composites
Lady Virus [VIRSP3]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Easton
SCX2 Synergy []
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Louisville Slugger
SB34 Genesis []
Miken
Ultra []
Ultra (Maxload) []
Ultra II []
Toledo Sports
[F1KC]
[F2AT]
[S1KH]
[S2CB]
[S2DV]
[S2JJ]
[S3CN]
[S3CR]
[S3JJ]
Inferno [F2EC]
Jade Katana [F3JA]
Katana Dragonfly [F3TA]
Sapphire Katana [F4SA]

big wolfe

Addicted to Softballfans
We had a very similar ball in LV the hot dot pos and the voltage and ressy 454 where lights out

chiefn10

Addicted to Softballfans
you won't be disappointed hitting the 52/300 hot dots with a z-1000! alot of the Navy and Air Force guys were hitting the z at the Military Championships this past year, the the All-Armed Forces team used them at ASA "A" Worlds this year. the z doesn't "compress" as much as a composite hitting the softer balls.

spm8907

Addicted to Softballfans
New ASA Ball

Have had good experience hitting the new ball hard with the Denny Crine 2011 Miken Psycho.

tbatti

Addicted to Softballfans
Here is a list of the NSA non-approved bat list

CE Composites
Lady Virus [VIRSP3]
Easton
SCX2 Synergy []
Louisville Slugger
SB34 Genesis []
Miken
Ultra []
Ultra (Maxload) []
Ultra II []
Toledo Sports
[F1KC]
[F2AT]
[S1KH]
[S2CB]
[S2DV]
[S2JJ]
[S3CN]
[S3CR]
[S3JJ]
Inferno [F2EC]
Jade Katana [F3JA]
Katana Dragonfly [F3TA]
Sapphire Katana [F4SA]

I would assume SR. bats are also not allowed??????
Jak'd Nemesys would be the route to go if allowed.