Thailand

RT Addict

\m/NEED MORE COWBELL\m/
Easton Bring Ur Skilz, just like last year - bats provided by tourney - Easton Stealth Speed - and these will be nicely broken in. Used them in Jakarta tourney, and hitting them in Singapore league. Will regrip them right before tourney. Balls are expected to be much better than last year - working on that now - looks like Dudley Thunder ZN's (if it all goes according to plan). Dates are already set at Nov 18-20. Entire tourney will be played at the big stadium fields as Polo Club not available that weekend.
Detox a month before so you can really crush your liver.... IJS

CGT #10

Addicted to Softballfans
Easton Bring Ur Skilz, just like last year - bats provided by tourney - Easton Stealth Speed - and these will be nicely broken in. Used them in Jakarta tourney, and hitting them in Singapore league. Will regrip them right before tourney. Balls are expected to be much better than last year - working on that now - looks like Dudley Thunder ZN's (if it all goes according to plan). Dates are already set at Nov 18-20. Entire tourney will be played at the big stadium fields as Polo Club not available that weekend.

Just make sure they're real ZN's and not restricted flight like the one's we hit in mil worlds...

Chubby_43

Any updates Thomas???

RT Addict

\m/NEED MORE COWBELL\m/
It's not good from what i'm told...but should be fine by tournament time.

Just heard from the TD that its still on. Flood waters are a concern, but they will re-assess this weekend and update accordingly. Once I get any info I wil update.

guzzler2209

The Veteran
Just heard from the TD that its still on. Flood waters are a concern, but they will re-assess this weekend and update accordingly. Once I get any info I wil update.

The flooding has reached Don Muang Airport, so the fields are most likely underwater now. If the waters don't receed soon they won't have time to get the fields in shape. Then it's all about whether or not they can scramble to re-organize the tournament to be played at the RBSC.

Not looking good i'm afraid.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/24/world/asia/thailand-flood/index.html?hpt=wo_c2

RT Addict

\m/NEED MORE COWBELL\m/
The flooding has reached Don Muang Airport, so the fields are most likely underwater now. If the waters don't receed soon they won't have time to get the fields in shape. Then it's all about whether or not they can scramble to re-organize the tournament to be played at the RBSC.

Not looking good i'm afraid.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/24/world/asia/thailand-flood/index.html?hpt=wo_c2

Great - way to chime in Mr. "CNN" ... :rolleyes::D
I heard you were totally surrounded by water where you are.... how's the beaches??
-->> update - fields are not underwater, yet, but the high water is damned close.

Last edited:

RT Addict

\m/NEED MORE COWBELL\m/
Confirmed that today the fields were swamped with 60cm of water. No way in hell they will have time (or a budget) to clean it up in time. TD is looking at other options and is supposed to issue a statement on Monday as to the disposition of the tourney.

chucky02

just saw the news, they are saying it is quite possible now that inner Bangkok will also be under water... so the RBSC fields might not be available either!

Chubby_43

I heard that RBSC is a possibility and so is Pattaya..So we'll see what happens.. If not I'll be white water rafting anyway.. This time really rafting...

RT Addict

\m/NEED MORE COWBELL\m/
I heard that RBSC is a possibility and so is Pattaya..So we'll see what happens.. If not I'll be white water rafting anyway.. This time really rafting...

I heard the same thing, but seriously, I don't think RBSC is an option. They could not get it on that weekend for even one day to play the finals, so little chance of getting it on Friday, Saturday, Sunday..... we shal see.

I am planning to go anyway.....

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
Pattaya is a goooooood time :D The place that sticks out in my mind is Angel Wings or something like that...... Girls were pretty hot in that joint.