That was quick

dothedew23

Addicted to Softballfans
Paint issue fixed fellas. The bats are just straight up breaking now instead. This bat looks like it has 0 swings on it. Smh

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
That was my big question. This is a USSSA bat and it says its made to crush the 52/300 ball ???? Im pretty sure in USSSA we all hit 44/375 balls- right ?

Joker

is this the part where one bat breaks and everyone freaks out before a trend is set?

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
The reason I ask that is in every advertisement on this bat they refer to the fact that it crushes the 52/300 ball is all. This will not sway me at all in picking up this bat, I have a lot of Demarini bats and when some do break early the CS has always treated me fairly. So no worries for me.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
That was my big question. This is a USSSA bat and it says its made to crush the 52/300 ball ???? Im pretty sure in USSSA we all hit 44/375 balls- right ?

Some Utrip leagues and tournaments switched to 52/275 ball. I'm sure this bat was made with those in mind.

jwheelerhuffman

#ifyouaintworkin
just did a demo last week with the USSSA AM. it was in the 40s and we were hitting everything from 52s to ultimate evil long haul bomber balls (53/600 i believe). there were no durability issues. I'm sorry your bat broke, but I recommend we all be a little more patient to see if this is a trend or if the OP possibly just got an unlucky bat. Anything is possible, but at this point, i don't think its fair to dismiss the USSSA Am because of durability issues. lets see how it plays out

TRaj2327

If your league still uses a 44/375 and has a USSSA stamp on it then it is an old ball. The Classic M Thunder ZN is a 40/325.

killer mike

Addicted to Softballfans
Less than 100 swings. Classic m's and nsa balls.

The same thing was being said about the OG Cartel. People on this board were talking about durability issues. So then I started stockpiling them like I was going to break one every month. Still gaming the very first one I took outta the wrapper. HOT as hell and no signs of slowing down. Maybe I just got lucky, I don't know. My point is, time will tell on this one...

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Disco discoooo, and the beat don't die in bingo town....

NSA 44/400 balls that haven't been NSA balls for over a year now or NSA 52/275 balls that these bats are designed for?

Either way it sucks and like Wheeler said, probably just got a bad bat. It's nice that Demarini still has a good warranty amd top notch Customer Service but this sucks. Sorry for yoir loss, hope your next one is better to you.

Kentzell42

Straight Into Ketosis!
That sucks! These are coming pretty hot out of the wrapper. My buddy plays for the military Demarini team and he sent me a pic of one of their NOW AMs testing right under 250

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Joker - your right. I was curious and i found one of our league balls and its a Dudley Thunder SX SY 12 RF 40 - 40/375. Are we playing with older softballs ?

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
That's an absolute rock of an ASA ball, local league uses them cause they're restricted flight. Absolute murder on a bat but fun to hit below 70deg.

pkc31887

Addicted to Softballfans
The classic M is 40/325. I'm not saying these have durability issues as this could have been a defect. But if this bat for some reason can't handle the classic m, that's not a good sign seeing as the official ball for Utrip is still the classic M for right now.

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
Chrometip - that isn't our ASA ball its our league USSSA ball. In our ASA league we use Tattoo 52/300.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
The classic M is 40/325. I'm not saying these have durability issues as this could have been a defect. But if this bat for some reason can't handle the classic m, that's not a good sign seeing as the official ball for Utrip is still the classic M for right now.

Hopefully it's just a defect or we'll start seeing a lot of this. I'd imagine they accounted for the M when they made this bat.

Chrometip - that isn't our ASA ball its our league USSSA ball. In our ASA league we use Tattoo 52/300.

That's interesting, we have the exact same ball here for a local ASA league, Dudley SY 40/375 with an RF in the model name.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
just did a demo last week with the USSSA AM. it was in the 40s and we were hitting everything from 52s to ultimate evil long haul bomber balls (53/600 i believe). there were no durability issues. I'm sorry your bat broke, but I recommend we all be a little more patient to see if this is a trend or if the OP possibly just got an unlucky bat. Anything is possible, but at this point, i don't think its fair to dismiss the USSSA Am because of durability issues. lets see how it plays out

never gonna happen. this is the time of year that everyone takes the new mine out for a test drive and freaks out when the break early. happen in most manufacturers sections and all get their panties in a bunch saying the bats break to easily. wait til may and the story changes

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member

That isn't a UTrip ball. I don't think UTrip ever used those. The Elite was a 44/400, and that hasn't been an official UTrip ball since 08 or 09 I think. Maybe 2010, but even at that that's 5 years ago now. Classic M is 40/325, Classic + is 52/275, Stadium is 47/450 I think, and then there's a woman's ball that I have no idea about.

People make all kinds of balls, like the 40/275 they use out in Cali, but that doesn't make it an official ball. Also, leagues often adopt an associations rules except for the ball. I bet that's what yours does. If you have a UTrip stamped 40/375 that's something I've never heard of in the 21 years I've been playing.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
never gonna happen. this is the time of year that everyone takes the new mine out for a test drive and freaks out when the break early. happen in most manufacturers sections and all get their panties in a bunch saying the bats break to easily. wait til may and the story changes

Do the stories change or do the bats change? :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Gotta get that first batch, but games only!!!