The Freak 52 is not fair

rat bastard

Finally swung this last night, bought off a fellow board bro, 55-60 degrees, winds blowing right to left about 10 mph, hitting Lexum 40/275 balls, swinging last years 26 oz maxload, I'm 6'3" 175 lbs, first hit easily went 300+, no fences, my next hit went well past the 1st hit. The 26 maxload swings pretty smooth, you can feel the end load but it's not overbearing. I did end cap one and it stung pretty good but otherwise if you're a decent hitter, you won't have a problem hitting the sweet spot.

Miken needs to make a duel stamp one of these ASAP. I have no brand loyalty, haven't bought a Miken since my 484 nearly 10 years ago. But damn! If you don't have this in the bag for ASA, get one from the store immediately.

So which one piece Miken utrip would you suggest I try that would be similar to the 52?

Hawkeye92

OG Midget Mafia
Welcome back to Miken my friend!
Lots of guys really like the Psycho line for a one piece bat but their 2 piece sticks are the real deal right now.
DC41 and Freak Black are ridiculous!! I haven't hit one over the fence in 2 years (since u were pitching to me in the HR Derby where I got to swing my OG Freak+) and I've hit 3 out this Spring with my DC41. Feels like cheating the way the ball jumps off the barrel.

single wally

Professional Amateur
I had a Freak 52, swung it a lot, great bat. Too bad it's not dual stamp...I'd be surprised if it would not pass Utrip testing.

General comment: seems like all the "52" bats are ASA only, which is a bummer b/c a lot of Utrip leagues have moved to 52s as well.

rat bastard

Welcome back to Miken my friend!
Lots of guys really like the Psycho line for a one piece bat but their 2 piece sticks are the real deal right now.
DC41 and Freak Black are ridiculous!! I haven't hit one over the fence in 2 years (since u were pitching to me in the HR Derby where I got to swing my OG Freak+) and I've hit 3 out this Spring with my DC41. Feels like cheating the way the ball jumps off the barrel.

Im up in Northbrook tonight with 270' down the lines, should be fun tonight

Hawkeye92

OG Midget Mafia
Yup, all green barrel

that DC, is it the new supermax black barrel one?
AJ & I have last years white one but the black is supposedly just as hot.

Here's a little 2 piece guide:
Basically the same barrel on all 3 bats.
DC41 has 1oz end load.
Freak Black has .5 oz end load.
4 The Fallen is balanced.

killer mike

Addicted to Softballfans
Anybody care to chime in on durability for the freak52? I play in leagues that use a 40cor ball to a 52.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I had a Freak 52, swung it a lot, great bat. Too bad it's not dual stamp...I'd be surprised if it would not pass Utrip testing.

General comment: seems like all the "52" bats are ASA only, which is a bummer b/c a lot of Utrip leagues have moved to 52s as well.

The st hits them just fine. Of course you would mash with a tree branch.:thumb:

jgerb88

MARK IT 0!!
52FKBA - Balanced
52FKMA -supermax

^^^ these are this years models the model op is referring to is FRK52A.. Its maxloaded

Hawkeye92

OG Midget Mafia
Finally swung this last night, bought off a fellow board bro, 55-60 degrees, winds blowing right to left about 10 mph, hitting Lexum 40/275 balls, swinging last years 26 oz maxload, I'm 6'3" 175 lbs, first hit easily went 300+, no fences, my next hit went well past the 1st hit. The 26 maxload swings pretty smooth, you can feel the end load but it's not overbearing. I did end cap one and it stung pretty good but otherwise if you're a decent hitter, you won't have a problem hitting the sweet spot.

Miken needs to make a duel stamp one of these ASAP. I have no brand loyalty, haven't bought a Miken since my 484 nearly 10 years ago. But damn! If you don't have this in the bag for ASA, get one from the store immediately.
How's the batt doing Welk? Has the honeymoon worn off or are you still in love ?

I have the Lightsaber and it's the hottest bat that I've ever picked up. The balls are exploding off of the bat and I am not even swinging that hard. Would like to know how well it can handle 44/375s or if I shuld just stay away from them.

xxmudgexx

Extra Hitter
Just in case someone need one of these I'm moving mine :) ....sweet bat and a few guys on my team swing it and love it ...but I need some Vegas money :)