The heart breaking moment when.....

mattya420

Manager
You realize that next season your sons rep team that you're coaching is going to take up all your extra time and you won't be able to commit to your league team of 10 years :(

I'm going to miss you softball

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
What?? Don't you know its softball before anything else. Sorry kid but daddy has to play ball.

JK. Went through the same thing with mine. Part of being a good parent.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
It's all good. Last two years I've been down to one league a week (double header though) and I even had to miss a few of those nights to coach my son's team. His league asked if there's any scheduling considerations and I said I couldn't be there on Tuesdays (I didn't say why), but they scheduled a few anyway.

mattya420

Manager
As much as I will miss playing a couple nights a week, coaching my son and his friends and helping them learn the game is just as fun for me. Don't get me wrong, nothing can replace pimpin' a three run blast, but watching one of the kids on my team get their first double or homerun or make a great play is a feeling I've never had in this game before.

mattun

Internet Tough Guy
I'm still a little bitter than my kid's team finished first, but we requested to be the #2 seed because I had a softball conflict (and I was our only pitcher). The league director said no (I felt there were other schinanighans happening, the #2 seed actually had an easier path playing the 9/4/1 seeds while #1 played 5/3/2, but got Sunday off), so my work team was sentenced to a miserable walkfest loss.

CircleL

Starting Player
My 7 year old daughter got her first double on Wednesday and I am a coach and I pitch (its 5 pitch) and she was so happy it made me feel better than when I play and get hits!
It is great to be a part of.
The flip side is when after 5 pitches a girl strikes out make you feel like crap and the look on their faces is like they are broken!

hedge

life takes guts
So you would ask for a different draw in a youth tournament so you can play softball? Check your priorities