the list

KATMAN23

Addicted to Softballfans
calling all asa reps, how in the heck do i get cress to get off list if he doesnt get back to me, several emails and yet nuttin i want off , there are about 16 modified guys on that list of:mad: 200 , come on its a joke.

Dunc4

Manager
Wiley......Maybe try having Mike Hoadley represent you with your appeal. The Bill Braskey of softball has some serious pull...when he talks people listen.

BLAR13

Addicted to Softballfans
Wiley,
I think you have to get your local ASA Commissioner to go to the National office.

We all know that you paid thousands of dollars to get Steve off the list Greg.
What? You didn't? That's what I heard in Port Huron over the weekend. I was just surprised you didn't help Binky out too.

NYSoftball20

Addicted to Softballfans
If you heard it there it must be true..lol. Actually I have never requested anyone be taken off that list. I have been accused of just the opposite and having pitchers put on the list. First accusation of me getting someone off..lol.

Diggity4223

Addicted to Softballfans
So I have one question about the teams that form. Do you have to be all from the same state only to play state and can add guys from a region for nationals? How are the regions determined? As we do not have many "regions" for modified.

Thanks as I am not looking just wondering how some teams picked up players from another state.

Cheers to the weekend boys! Lets not slash any tires or get arrested it is just ball ;P

Dewey33

Addicted to Softballfans
I have read the ASA Code on this but admit the ASA code is very long and sometimes confusing. If I understand it correctly:

Players on a roster for Nationals must come from that teams Region. The regions are defined by the ASA but are not always defined by state. For example, I think Wisconsin and Michigan are in the same region.

I dont know this for a fact but someone was saying that was the reason Patty Mac didnt play for the Hurricanes was this very reason, he was not allowed since he lives outside of the region.

As for state tournaments, I think those rules are governed state to state but perhaps they are the same.

Diggity4223

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks Dewey! So if I know a good baseball player from say Arizona and wants to play mod would he be from my region since mod doesn't haveany real regions besides WI, MN, NY, PA, NH, MA, NC? I'm just making light of it but I'm sure there are ways to make a pick work for nationals.

Stallion9

Addicted to Softballfans
Team Eligibility.
01. Team Registration. A team must register with the local association in which the greatest number of its’ players reside, and this number must be retained for the remainder of the season

Player Eligibility.
01. Player Participation. A player may participate in any one local association during the current year.
EXCEPTIONS:
a. In 9-Man Modified and 10-Man Modified Pitch, teams shall be made up of players from their respective region. No rostered player can play in championship play if they come from outside their respective region.

Modified teams must play in the local association where the majority of the players reside and can only have players from their region. Every other division of play can have players from anywhere in the country. Modified is the only exception to this rule. MI and WI are one region. You can find the regional map here:

http://www.asasoftball.com/tournaments/regionaltournaments.asp

Diggity4223

Addicted to Softballfans
ISC Fastpitch has it right. Bring whoever you want, whenever you want, just play ball.

Thanks Stallion! Ya I am sure some teams have players from out of state but it is not that hard to get an address in that city ;) or also get a DL as well.

I do not think anyone I know would be from out of WI for us just wondering as a player who lives elsewhere wants to play the game but can not due to mot being in region.