the list

Jubb16

Addicted to Softballfans
I sat behind the plate for the championship game. Bill was using a handheld radar gun. In the 4th inning he showed me the gun ... 72MPH.

kodiak17

Addicted to Softballfans
I think it is comical that grown men are afraid of speed you can take any 12yr old boy in the little league World Series and they will hit that speed on the radar gun. I guess that next yr we will have to find a kid to come pitch so grown men won't cry. What a joke !

Elohssa6

Addicted to Softballfans
ISC pitching speeds

drop/rise/change
Adam Folkard Broken Bow 83 76 64
Sean Whitten Midwest Stampede 83 79 60
Lucas Mata Aspen 80 74 56
Andrew Kirkpatrick Broken Bow 78 72 64
Jeremy Manley Pueblo 78 75 60
Grant Patterson Kitchener 78 74 54
Don Scott Kitchener 78 77 57
Brian Urquhart Midland 78 66 53
Mitch Hardy Kegel 77 73 43
Todd Martin Kitchener 76 74 54
Marty Grant Vancouver 76 74 58
Dean Holoein Kitchener 75 74 NA
Frank Cox The Farm 76 74 63
Bryan Newton NY Gremlins 75 75 51
Darcy Byrne Kegel 75 NA 56

Trevor Ethier Aspen 74 72 NA
Rick Smith Aspen 74 71 NA
Doug Gillis Dolan & Murphy 74 68 51
Sean Kelly Midland 74 68 54
Jeff Farion Diamondbacks 74 68 NA
Sebastian Gervasutti California A's 74 73 60
Bill Hillhouse NY Gremlins 73 69 53
Dave Drotzmann California A's 73 62 53
Travis Price Vancouver 73 68 41
Ward Gosse St. Thomas 73 68 55
Ales Jetmar Dolan & Murphy 72 69 53
Rob O'Brien Dominian Republic 72 71 54
Jeff Wilson Ashland Mets 70 68 58

Sleds#20

Addicted to Softballfans
My take. I don't think it was speed anyways why he was effective. I think those guys had never seen a dipper before... Also can't believe people are still talking about this into December. We need a winter tourney down in Florida to give people something else to complain/talk about.

nyhack56

Addicted to Softballfans
I think it is comical that grown men are afraid of speed you can take any 12yr old boy in the little league World Series and they will hit that speed on the radar gun. I guess that next yr we will have to find a kid to come pitch so grown men won't cry. What a joke !

I know it's gay, but I wish I could like this.

Stallion9

Addicted to Softballfans
Rumor has it that when he hit 72mph on the gun, he had a hoagie in his other hand because he didn't need his glove.

Jubb21

Addicted to Softballfans
Hoads can pump it in there. Where's D-Rea, pretty sure Platt pitched with him and Zubi's in the 2009 ISA Worlds and beat us "Granite State Bulldogs" Handly in that final and Cedeno and his 52mph cheese! haha

Dirt27

Cage Bomb Hero
I want to thank the people involved with making this decision or anybody having anything to do with the calling Oklahoma.I spoke with Craig Cress yesterday,and he informed me that I was put on the list because I was throwing " 11 miles an hour harder than everybody" really come on there was no gun there to determine that,and the fact that I was dominant. He also told me that I was a fastpitch pitcher ,never did I pitch fastpitch so the people who make these decision are getting there information from people who are shady. These people don't know who I am . Yes I have won the 9man A and 9man major modified,as far as everyone on hear telling guys go play fastpitch,I have 2 kids and in order to get good with fastpitch it is a bigtime commitment , so that is not an option .Not my fault that the one team out could not hit me . Everyone on here knows who I am,and how I feel.I am calling all the skirts that called up your state commissioner and Oklahoma and said he throws to hard .Grab a bat and get in the box and SHUT UP.

Easy...not "everyone"...from what I've read on here (minus the name dropping) is that you are definitely getting a raw deal. Why are you suffering for dominating a team...bunch of whiners. Maybe some of the other teams should just put a little more effort into bp, I agree, converting from modified to fast pitch would be a huge time commitment...assuming you want to continue playing at the same level.

Even though I like the fp game, I prefer modified, as another poster pointed out, didn't like playing 7 innings for a 1-0 game with 18 k's per team. Waste of time...for the batters of course!

RobMagsFitness

ATTENTION ALL!

Steve Platt throws smoke? NOT! :eek:

To all crybabies who think Mr. Platt throws smoke? I found out first hand the only smloke he throws come from his gay ass......
I seen him in Michigan and was not impressed, I heard lots of talk about the jolly 6'4 fellow who throws like a girl
wish i had the chance to tee off on the gal but my team wasnt the best i hooked up with a team from near by.
all kidding aside my 6 year old daughter throws harder on her town softball team........ no joke people
All who want to pick that punk apart reach me Robby at Robs Magonelle's fitness or @ [email protected]
I really hope Mr.Platt sees this so he knows personally Robby Mags has it out for him, im all over hes ass next year.
Pce out girl scouts :)

gofisch

ATTENTION ALL!

To all crybabies who think Mr. Platt throws smoke? I found out first hand the only smloke he throws come from his gay ass......
I seen him in Michigan and was not impressed, I heard lots of talk about the jolly 6'4 fellow who throws like a girl
wish i had the chance to tee off on the gal but my team wasnt the best i hooked up with a team from near by.
all kidding aside my 6 year old daughter throws harder on her town softball team........ no joke people
All who want to pick that punk apart reach me Robby at Robs Magonelle's fitness or @ [email protected]
I really hope Mr.Platt sees this so he knows personally Robby Mags has it out for him, im all over hes ass next year.

Really? Your an idiot too:rolleyes:

Diggity4223

Addicted to Softballfans
ATTENTION ALL!

Easy there and aren't you under the name Artie DeVanzo??? Jesus gather your beer league boys and get some practice in and take it a bit more serious lol

gizmo13

Coach
I was asked about a tourney this year so came on the site to see the info. I scanned the board and luckily I decided to read this thread.

First I would like to say congrats to Patty Mac and his wife and sympathy for the loss also.

As for Steve pitching I will give you a first hand idea of how this goes.

A few years ago we play in the so called Nationals in PA and Patty Mac hurts his knee and Steve says let me try it and I say they will call you illegal and he says let me try it, it cant hurt.I will try and square up and not throw to hard so they will let me go.

He pitched the whole game didnt throw any risers from what I can remember and only a few curves but not over powering and I think he got called illegal once or twice.So of course the other team bitches that he is pitching because they are losing and cant hit him.

After the game the commish says he isnt allowed to pitch again and if he does it will be a forfeit, WTF is that. Anyone can pitch its up to the umps to call you illegal. If he went out there and threw bowling motion and got the crap knocked out of him he would be allowed to pitch.

So for the tourney in Migh. if he pitched the way he did in PA you should be more embarrassed for not hitting him than and heading to the cages instead of heading to the phone to call someone to cry.

All he did was take the ball, pitch to the rules they called or didnt call so why is it him anyone blames. Any other pitcher would have done the same thing and any other team would have also if they had him.

OllieCut

Addicted to Softballfans
This is why I don't want to be involved in softball anymore. Way too much bitching and moaning and complaining. Let Platt pitch. If you can hit him, more power to you. If not, play slowpitch.

WI Modified

Addicted to Softballfans
I've said it before and I will say it again.... This is the EXACT type of stuff that keeps me playing hardball instead of modified tournaments many weekedns, even though I am now close to 40.

Get in the box and swing the bat. You can't hit it? Then maybe it is time to find something else to do. :cool:

Dewey33

Addicted to Softballfans
Amazing that this thread is still going strong into the new year! 1) The dude threw illegal the entire tournament. 2) It should be the responsibility of the umps to call it, they were not prepared for it. Because he was only illegal at tail end of his downswing (as opposed to most guys who are at the top) some umps had trouble seeing it. 3) Its not his fault that it wasnt called, and yes....every single other team would have done the same if they could get away with it. 4) ASA clearly didnt trust the umps to call it the correct way so they put him on a list, to take the responsibility away from the umps. 5) It sucks for Steve cause if they would have called it properly, then he could still hit. 6) But then again, he and his coach knew it was wrong so they can bear some of the responsibility. 7) if you dont think there should be rules for pitching, they play fastpitch.

gofisch

Amazing that this thread is still going strong into the new year! 1) The dude threw illegal the entire tournament. 2) It should be the responsibility of the umps to call it, they were not prepared for it. Because he was only illegal at tail end of his downswing (as opposed to most guys who are at the top) some umps had trouble seeing it. 3) Its not his fault that it wasnt called, and yes....every single other team would have done the same if they could get away with it. 4) ASA clearly didnt trust the umps to call it the correct way so they put him on a list, to take the responsibility away from the umps. 5) It sucks for Steve cause if they would have called it properly, then he could still hit. 6) But then again, he and his coach knew it was wrong so they can bear some(ALL) of the responsibility. 7) if you dont think there should be rules for pitching, they play fastpitch.

The highlighted and bold statement is the only pertinent thing about all of this. I added the (ALL), LOL

Stallion9

Addicted to Softballfans
I heard that the 2013 BWI that is being held in Port Huron over the 4th of July implemented the rule to allow pitchers on the 9 man list to play other positions and hit, but they aren't allowed to pitch. I wonder if ASA is adopting this same rule? Kodiak can come hit homers, but he can't throw sliders.

BLAR13

Addicted to Softballfans
I heard that the 2013 BWI that is being held in Port Huron over the 4th of July implemented the rule to allow pitchers on the 9 man list to play other positions and hit, but they aren't allowed to pitch. I wonder if ASA is adopting this same rule? Kodiak can come hit homers, but he can't throw sliders.

WHo says Platt can't throw 4th of July weekend?

kodiak17

Addicted to Softballfans
Amazing that this thread is still going strong into the new year! 1) The dude threw illegal the entire tournament. 2) It should be the responsibility of the umps to call it, they were not prepared for it. Because he was only illegal at tail end of his downswing (as opposed to most guys who are at the top) Weme umps had trouble seeing it. 3)

Threw illegal the whole tournament come on man, 300 pitches and called 4 times all weekend , everyone on here got what they wanted and that is for me not to be able to play . Next yr who ever does happen to win wont get the chance to beat the real 10 man champs have fun SQUATTERS!!!!

buildingmaint

Addicted to Softballfans
Amazing that this thread is still going strong into the new year! 1) The dude threw illegal the entire tournament. 2) It should be the responsibility of the umps to call it, they were not prepared for it. Because he was only illegal at tail end of his downswing (as opposed to most guys who are at the top) Weme umps had trouble seeing it. 3)

Threw illegal the whole tournament come on man, 300 pitches and called 4 times all weekend , everyone on here got what they wanted and that is for me not to be able to play . Next yr who ever does happen to win wont get the chance to beat the real 10 man champs have fun SQUATTERS!!!!

Lance Armstrong never cheated for 14 years and Manti Te'o thought he had a girlfriend for a year, the truth always comes to the surface.

300 pitches and called 4 times all weekend

That means the umpires did their job on 4 pitches and didn't do their job on 296. It's not your fault Steve, the umpires blew it. If you would have been in Minn the year before they would have called you illegal every pitch. What I don't understand is we had the same UIC both years. The only difference is the fields in Minn were all in one place and in Port Huron, 3 locations. That makes it tough for a UIC to keep his staff consistent.

knuckleball

Addicted to Softballfans
.The umpires did a great job. Steve Platt was straight through his entire motion. What do u think was wrong with his pitching besides not being able to hit it.
I dont know if you were on thst team from Pennsylvania thst he beat but if you were your team acted very professional while u were in centerfield. Were probsbly done but it was an embarrassment listening to that team talk in front of kids that way. Work on learning how to lose and forget worrying about everybody's pitcher.