The Long Awaited Omega

Greenmonsters

Addicted to Softballfans
First new post of the day in the ABC forum at 1:51 EST??? WTF, everybody must be resting up and getting ready for the Omega release. I heard TB is borrowing a page from the Harry Potter school of marketing and the new bats will be available at your local D I C Ks starting at midnight. If you show up in full SB gear, you get a 10% discount :D

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
First new post of the day in the ABC forum at 1:51 EST??? WTF, everybody must be resting up and getting ready for the Omega release. I heard TB is borrowing a page from the Harry Potter school of marketing and the new bats will be available at your local D I C Ks starting at midnight. If you show up in full SB gear, you get a 10% discount :D

10% off Richards' list price is usually 10% OVER MSRP.

z00ted 85

Addicted to Softballfans
I think I remember the boss saying that the Omega has the same balance as an odd weighted OG, so I think a 26 might be too heavy for ya Frisco :eek:. Better hit the weightroom. ;):D

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
I think I remember the boss saying that the Omega has the same balance as an odd weighted OG, so I think a 26 might be too heavy for ya Frisco :eek:. Better hit the weightroom. ;):D

Who says I haven't been? :eek:

So I'm starting to lean toward the 26...

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
I went to the ASA site and scrolled down the Anderson's (again) to find one with a 2011 date, and there was ... Only problem was that I'd scrolled into the Boombah's.:(

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
I went to the ASA site and scrolled down the Anderson's (again) to find one with a 2011 date, and there was ... Only problem was that I'd scrolled into the Boombah's.:(

You know you can filter that list by manufacturers, right?

I've been checking pretty much ever day. (I have no life.) :(

Greenmonsters

Addicted to Softballfans
Who says I haven't been? :eek:

So I'm starting to lean toward the 26...

Excellent. I need a guinea pig to see how the 26 swings compared to a RTFP. TB has advised that the Omega would be a good FP option and I'm trying to figure out if it would work for my DD. She's swinging 33" and 34" RTFPs over her 34" NanoFP because she prefers the endload, but an endload with the larger Nano sweetspot may be a FP monster. At 5'6" 150 I think she's about your size, so thank you for volunteering :)

Hey, maybe we can get a demo touring the country - don't you know a guy who knows a guy :D

andy-rockstar

Living for the Cit-ay
Even if I get a new Nano, I won't really be able to use it until May. Unless I visit a warmer climate between now and then, and there's a Ω around. . .

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
Excellent. I need a guinea pig to see how the 26 swings compared to a RTFP. TB has advised that the Omega would be a good FP option and I'm trying to figure out if it would work for my DD. She's swinging 33" and 34" RTFPs over her 34" NanoFP because she prefers the endload, but an endload with the larger Nano sweetspot may be a FP monster. At 5'6" 150 I think she's about your size, so thank you for volunteering :)

Hey, maybe we can get a demo touring the country - don't you know a guy who knows a guy :D

LOL. She's pretty much exactly my size. :eek:

Yeah, maybe we could get a demo going. We'll see. The bat has to come out first....

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Demo

I know I dont wanna wait till the next Invitational to swing the new Nano(s), I would be in on the Demo deal. I know a dealer I can get one from here......

TB I may have missed it but, how is the sweet spot on the new version? I been hitting real well w/ my 2011 Invitational RT (has actually displaced my CK as my gamer), never could be as consistent with my Nano(s)......

jaj23

Eye Baller
So I drove an hour to Richard's today... dressed head to toe in Anderson gear including Go Deep batting gloves and writs bands. I looked like Smarkley (only younger and more handsome). I asked the manager for the Omega and interestingly enough he had no idea what I was talking about. I said, "Really, I was told by a 'reliable' source that there was a big release today." The manager looked confused and called headquarters. 1/2 hour later I decided that Greenmonsters if full of ****.

Greenmonsters

Addicted to Softballfans
So I drove an hour to Richard's today... dressed head to toe in Anderson gear including Go Deep batting gloves and writs bands. I looked like Smarkley (only younger and more handsome). I asked the manager for the Omega and interestingly enough he had no idea what I was talking about. I said, "Really, I was told by a 'reliable' source that there was a big release today." The manager looked confused and called headquarters. 1/2 hour later I decided that Greenmonsters if full of ****.

:eek: Sorry, forgot to mention that you also had to recite the secret code phrase "I know a guy who knows a guy". An unfortunate oversight on my part.

PS Greenmonsters = reliable source? LOL, you silly noob :D

DSNuts48

Badass
10% off Richards' list price is usually 10% OVER MSRP.

The local anderson dealer here is notorious for stuff like this. Bats that MSRP for $250 aren't listed as that. The store puts on the tag that the MSRP is $450 dollars and then puts the bats on sale for $300 dollars. Oh and any bat on sale isn't allowed to use with any offers or discounts. So they generally don't sell bats until a bat becomes rare and then someone forks out 200% MSRP.

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
I sure wish this thread wouldn't get resurrected until "The Long-Awaited Omega" actually arrives. Seeing the title pop up in the forum gets my hopes up.

PS ... Anybody got a clue what the Omega is going to retail for? Please tell me it's going to be competitive with the DeMarini Raw Steel pricewise.

PPS ... What are the Balance Point measurements of the 26oz, 27oz and 28oz Omega?

Is this too much to ask?

Last edited: