For Sale The Next SBF SMU - Rawlings DCT 13"

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Below you will find the image of the next SoftballFans Special Make Up Glove with Rawlings. Quantities are very limited - 60 RHT and 12 LHT are all we will bring in.

We should get them in September if you want to get in on pre-order pricing send me a message. Speca are as follows.

Glove is all Timberglase
Laces are tan
Hand Sewn Welt is mustard
Stitching is Vegas
Black deerskin liner
Black Embroidery
Traditional Patches
Black Indent Palm
Wool wrist lining
13"

DCT_SMU.jpg

NYC

Swag on 100.
Below you will find the image of the next SoftballFans Special Make Up Glove with Rawlings. Quantities are very limited - 60 RHT and 12 LHT are all we will bring in.

We should get them in September if you want to get in on pre-order pricing send me a message. Speca are as follows.

Glove is all Timberglase
Laces are tan
Hand Sewn Welt is mustard
Stitching is Vegas
Black deerskin liner
Black Embroidery
Traditional Patches
Black Indent Palm
Wool wrist lining
13"

View attachment 36159
Hows the fit on these? Finger stalls

southpaw8

Beautiful. Just out of curiosity, is the timberglase on the sample as stiff as some of the other board members said?

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, any reason why this isn't in the C55 leather?

Because not everything we do will be C55. I think the Timber nails it here.

For the size of the glove C55 and its current scarceness with lack of quality hides made me steer from C55 here. Some of the latest stuff I have seen it was just too wrinkled and is passing QC for some reason.

Last edited:

NYC

Swag on 100.

For the size of the glove C55 and its current scarceness with lack of quality hides made me steer from C55 here. Some of the latest stuff I have seen it was just too wrinkled and is passing QC for some reason.
do you have any plans for a black glove, I was hoping for something resembling the old tony gwynn model, but of coarse in a conventional back..
72491_01_lg.jpg

72491_03_lg.jpg

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
do you have any plans for a black glove, I was hoping for something resembling the old tony gwynn model, but of coarse in a conventional back..
72491_01_lg.jpg

72491_03_lg.jpg

Not currently no it would have to be something that you could not do easily on the builder as we have to make a decent investment in these runs. We are always listening though.

Soxfan8

Starting Player
It's great that SBF continues to do these special editions, and this is one of my favorites (although I don't play first).

Across all the manufacturers making high quality gloves, based on the recent stuff I've picked up, C55 has kind of been eclipsed by a lot of other great leather options. I don't think anyone should shy away from something just because it's not C55 or other Horween leather.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Beautiful. Just out of curiosity, is the timberglase on the sample as stiff as some of the other board members said?

On this sample compared to what other timber gloves? Still an HOH so yes it is pretty stiff will take some breaking in.

thebestpr21

Addicted to Softballfans
Chad, can we get a pic with a ball inside. Love that thing, but a bit concerned the pocket wont bedeep enough. Went from Rawlings 12.75" to Wilson 1799 because of that. Thanks.

southpaw8

On this sample compared to what other timber gloves? Still an HOH so yes it is pretty stiff will take some breaking in.

A few of the board members (Felks, Junior, etc.) have said their recent custom timberglase gloves are stiffer than other HOH leathers and even stiffer than some pro preferred. So on a scale of red HOH (softer) to mythical 90's Horween (stiffer) how does the sample compare? Or simply does the timber DCT feel like an average HOH (nothing wrong with that).