The Saga Continues ..... USA/ASA vs. USSSA

AUsoftball

Supreme Commander of All
We have a local league in the area that allows the use of both ASA and USSSA bats, last night a heated discussion occurred when one of the teams became upset that the other team was using USSSA bats. Both teams had copies of the rules, the one team (without the USSSA bats) did not read all the way through the rules as there are different divisions which indicate approved bats. The game was played, and the loosing team then began to complain about the use of the USSSA bats, and how dangerous they were, and that in years past the league had banned them. The past director had not allowed USSSA bats, but the new director saw fit to make the change. For almost 2 years there have been no real safety incidents, but not the losing team is pushing for a ban on all USSSA bats, claiming safety as the reason.

Your thoughts on responses......

ShortYellowBus

Only the elite players will take advantage of the linear bats that have USSSA stamps. How many of those pro-level swing dudes play in your league? Let me elaborate.

Basically, the advantage is for people who have extremely high swing (bat) speeds, 90-100mph plus. These are the only people who have an advantage swinging UTrip over ASA.

The non-linear ASA bats are designed to help players with lower bat speeds achieve greater performance. However, the non-linear design of the ASA bats limit the performance if the bat speed is insanely high.

With all that said, it’s easier to cheat with linear bats, (shaving/rolling) and if your league is not doing compression testing, the complaining of bats on the basis of safety is absolutely ridiculous.

Let me know if you have any questions.

mvfjet

Part Time Player
I'd say performance is so close with a 52 Cor ball that it wouldn't change the outcome of the game.

dcz3

Tell the losing team to quit being bitches, these rec league heroes didn’t lose just because the winning team swung utrip sticks.

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Only the elite players will take advantage of the linear bats that have USSSA stamps. How many of those pro-level swing dudes play in your league? Let me elaborate.

Basically, the advantage is for people who have extremely high swing (bat) speeds, 90-100mph plus. These are the only people who have an advantage swinging UTrip over ASA.

The non-linear ASA bats are designed to help players with lower bat speeds achieve greater performance. However, the non-linear design of the ASA bats limit the performance if the bat speed is insanely high.

With all that said, it’s easier to cheat with linear bats, (shaving/rolling) and if your league is not doing compression testing, the complaining of bats on the basis of safety is absolutely ridiculous.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I disagree on this point. I ump in one of those leagues that allows ASA or USSSA bats in the upper division. The bat can make the hitter. I see guys look like Bryce Harper swinging a hot USSSA bat vs an ASA bat. USSSA bats are idiotproof. They have huge sweetspots and take very little batspeed to hit effectively with.

All the smart guys in this league have high end USSSA bats and the whole team uses them. Most of these guys have average (at best) swings, and the bat does all the work.

dunkky

I will find out myself. Ill be playing utrip in the fall, and they use 52/300 balls. A friend of mine swing dc41 utrip. Ill be swinging that and o2. Ill compare them eachother.

jhitman

I disagree on this point. I ump in one of those leagues that allows ASA or USSSA bats in the upper division. The bat can make the hitter. I see guys look like Bryce Harper swinging a hot USSSA bat vs an ASA bat. USSSA bats are idiotproof. They have huge sweetspots and take very little batspeed to hit effectively with.

All the smart guys in this league have high end USSSA bats and the whole team uses them. Most of these guys have average (at best) swings, and the bat does all the work.

I agree with this and my findings show that the USSSA bats > ASA bats when given the choice. The only bat that I have seen (ASA) that was on par with the USSSA bats was the green/black ASA Supermax DC41.